Sarah and Aaron Flood Recovery
They'll likely need even more assistance with getting their home and property in order and safe to return to.
You've come to the right place if you're willing to chip in to help them out in their time of need.
The money will be used to repair our home so we can someday return. Critical repair items include Bridge to house, Well water and Septic repair from flooding and mud slides. We are needing to pay our mortgage and normal bills as well as find housing in the area so we can continue to work. Transportation has also become difficult as we only have one rental car between the two of us. Sarah's car was totaled in the flood and mine remains on traped on the property until we can get a bridge in place.
Site was originally set up by my work manager Scott LHommedieu at Denovo. I (Aaron Lawson) will be updating the site going forward with relevant information regarding our living situation and rebuilding process at our home on Longmont Dam Rd. Lyons, CO.
Thank you all for your support! We cannot thank you enough for your generosity. Sarah and I are staying in a temp apartment in Boulder until the 19th of Nov. and will be searching for longer term housing depending on the progress being made to the roads.
Repairs to Highway 36 to Estes Park are moving right along - ahead of schedule from what we are being told. Longmont dam rd. is still waiting for work crews to begin on that section. Unfortuantly we have not been able to get FEMA inspectors to look at our place because the area is still inaccessible without hiking.
I did attend a meeting in Longmont that was concerning N. St. Vrain and the re-channelization of the river to the previous location. This is still being worked out but it did sound promising that they would attempt to put the river back in most areas making it possible to reclaim and backfill lost land. Also the City of Longmont considers LDR a top priority becuase they need to move heavy equipment into the area to fix the water lines from button rock to Longmont. Currently Longmont is drawing water from Carter Lake which is putting extra stress on that system.
It has been one day at a time but we do have faith that we will return to the house and get our essentials all fixed and functioning correctly. The well and bridge being our top concerns right now. I have been hiking in on the weekend to attempt to control our erosion issues. This weekend I will be clearing the mud slide off the septic tank and leech field area "“ we are hoping this system does not need repair.
I have added more photos to a new album that should be accessible to anyone who would like to view them:
Thank you all very much!
We Love you all!
Aaron and Sarah
We did hike back up to the house on Sunday to gather a few clothing items and some dog related items. The water remains fairly high and muddy at the moment but should start settling out soon. I took some more pictures our garage / bridge and the rock and river location. Please visit
https://www.dropbox.com/home#!/home/Aaron and Sarah's Property
I will keep posting updates as they occur. Sarah and I are so grateful for your support - our house is your house. Hopefully we can BBQ there again with our family and friends.
Love you all!!!
For more pics of the property and our evacuation please go to dropbox.
https://www.dropbox.com/home/Aaron and Sarah's Property#!/home/Aaron and Sarah's Property