I would like to thank everyone for their thoughts, prayers, and generosity. We are fine but the room was a total loss. This was my son's bedroom and fortunately he was not home at the time. However, he did lose all of his possessions. The family cat Teddy was in the room, and he somehow survived. Perhaps cats really do have nine lives. The fire was electrical and started behind the wall. It smoldered for a while, before it filled the house with smoke and the bedroom with flames. My thanks goes out to the Wales Fire Dept., and the surrounding town's fire services, as well. Your timely response saved our home, and will give us the opportunity to repair the damage, and stay in the town we have called home for the last sixteen years. Again, thank you to everyone.
Thank you everyone for the love and help you have given us. We have ordered a dumpster today (almost 500.00) and we will be getting the materials to put in a new ceiling and walls. It is a GREAT start, thanks to all of you!!! We thank you from the bottom of our hearts ♥