Too Many Pricks | Diabetes Charity
Who Are 'Too Many Pricks?'
For everyone living with Type 1 diabetes, life is full of Too Many Pricks.
We are a collection of unlikely athletes who have banded together for a common cause.
We want to expedite change for those living with diabetes!
• Development of life saving technologies
• Development of life improving technologies
• Research into a cure
We are currently raising funds directly for JDRF. They are one of our loudest advocates speaking on behalf of everyone living with Type 1 diabetes. They are working hard towards improving everyday life with Type 1 diabetes without losing sight of the end goal… a world without diabetes.
We are asking anyone and everyone to contribute toward our shared goal financially or through awareness.
Why We Need A Cure For Diabetes
• 280 Australians develop diabetes every day. That’s one person every five minutes
• Around 1.7 million Australians have diabetes. This includes all types of diagnosed diabetes (1.2 million known and registered) as well as silent, undiagnosed type 2 diabetes (up to 500,000 estimated)
• More than 100,000 Australians have developed diabetes in the past year
• For every person diagnosed with diabetes there is usually a family member or carer who also ‘lives with diabetes’ every day in a support role. This means that an estimated 2.4 million Australians are affected by diabetes every day
• Total annual cost impact of diabetes in Australia estimated at $14.6 billion
• Type 1 diabetes accounts for 10% of all diabetes and is increasing