Tibby the dog's medical fund

$655 of $4,000 goal

Raised by 18 people in 5 months
This is our dog, Tibby.  He is an eight year old black lab.  We got him from American Lab Rescue ( www.americanlabrescue.com) when he was two.  As you can tell from looking at his picture, he is a very sweet, very happy dog.  About a year ago, he began having sinus issues – lots of sneezing, runny nose, etc.  After trying different medications without success, he had an endoscopy of his nose done.  His nose was so swollen, the scope couldn’t get through.  But the vet was able to get a diagnosis of lymphocytic plasmacytic rhinitis.  LPR has no cure. You can only hope to control the symptoms.

We didn’t think it was too serious of a condition.  We thought it was just going to be an annoying one.  Constant sneezing and runny nose, mucus flying everywhere!  We have tried close to a dozen different medications to try to control the symptoms.  Nothing has worked.

So we took Tibby to a specialist.  She told us that this is not just an annoying disease. S ince we have not been able to get the symptoms under control, there is a chance that Tibby could actually be having damage done to the fine bones in his sinuses.  LPR causes the white blood cells to attack the sinuses.  Since there is no infection for the blood cells to fight, they can begin to break down the structure of the sinus cavity.

To check for this damage, and to see if the first endoscopy missed anything, we have to have a CT scan and another endoscopy done.  Both are very expensive procedures.

We are also currently paying for our other dog, Mattingly, a 13 year old chocolate lab, to have rehab for her arthritis and bulging discs in her back.  The therapy seems to really be helping her. And we’ll continue to do what we can for her for as long as necessary.

We understand that most people wouldn’t spend this kind of money on their dogs.  But they mean the world to us.  Both are rescues and life started out tough for them.  We want to make sure they have the best lives possible with us.

If you feel you can donate to help with some of these costs, it would be greatly appreciated.  If you can’t, please pass this along.  The more people who see it, the more help we can afford to give Tibby and Mattingly.  Thank you.
+ Read More
The new antibiotic Tibby is taking seems to be helping. He is having less discharge from his nose. We are still waiting for his inhaler to arrive. Hopefully that will help him some more. If we can control his symptoms, the destruction in his sinuses won't get any worse. We did have to have more tests done on Tibby because after he started taking the antibiotic he began drinking and urinating a lot more than normal. The vet thinks it may be related to high thyroid levels.
Sadly, our other dog, Mattingly, was diagnosed with stomach cancer. Because of where the cancer is located, surgery is not possible. Right now she is doing okay. We are going to keep her as comfortable as possible for as long possible. And we are going to spoil her like crazy!
+ Read More
We got Tibby's test results back. First - no cancer! Always good news. He does have a bacterial infection as the vet suspected. However, the medication he has been on should have taken care of this. Since it hasn't, this indicates that he has an ineffective immune response to the infection. He has both acute and chronic inflammation due to the bacterial infection and LPR.
We are going to try a different course of medications (including an inhaler!). Hopefully, this will lessen his symptoms. If not, it's back to the drawing board.
We'll keep you updated on how Tibby responds to the new medications.
Thank you so much to everyone who has donated and shared these posts. It means a lot to us.
+ Read More
We took Tibby along to Mattingly's rehab appointment on Thursday. He loves it at the vet. Here he is watching the lobby when our local weatherman shows up. Steve Caporizzo does a lot of work to help find pets homes in the area.

As you can see despite Tibby's sinus problem he's still a happy dog.
+ Read More
Tibby had his CT scan and endoscopy yesterday. He does have some minor bone destruction in his nose, but not too severe. He has inflammation in his nasal passages. The vet had to take biopsies to rule out lymphoma (unlikely based on the lack of inflammation elsewhere) and check for bacterial infection. He didn’t have a fungal infection which was a concern.

Right now, we are waiting on the bacterial cultures and biopsies. Hopefully we will get a treatment option that works. If we find an option that works, he will be fine. If he continues to have the problems he's been having, the bone destruction will continue and become worse. We should get the test results early next week. Fingers crossed!
+ Read More
Read a Previous Update

$655 of $4,000 goal

Raised by 18 people in 5 months
Your share could be bringing in donations. Sign in to track your impact.
   Connect
We will never post without your permission.
In the future, we'll let you know if your sharing brings in any donations.
We weren't able to connect your Facebook account. Please try again later.
CL
$25
Chris Luna
4 months ago
$25
Mark Bousquet
5 months ago
$20
Sarah Smith
5 months ago
RP
$50
Robert Politte
5 months ago
$25
John Warren
5 months ago
CL
$25
Chris Luna
5 months ago
DB
$25
Daniel4147 Beaulieu
5 months ago
$50
Anonymous
5 months ago
JT
$20
Jesse Terry
5 months ago
$50
Tracy Denise
5 months ago
or
Use My Email Address
By continuing, you agree with the GoFundMe
terms and privacy policy
There's an issue with this Campaign Organizer's account. Our team has contacted them with the solution! Please ask them to sign in to GoFundMe and check their account. Return to Campaign

Are you ready for the next step?
Even a $5 donation can help!
Donate Now Not now
Connect on Facebook to keep track of how many donations your share brings.
We will never post on Facebook without your permission.