Publishing the Divine Feminine
A Unique Publishing Venture Devoted Entirely to the Voices and Stories of World-Changing Women, Past, Present and Future, by New York Times Bestselling Author Kathleen McGowan
The stories of the Divine Feminine are screaming to be heard, and there is no designated venue in which to give them voice. This must change.
The time has come for a new approach which gives women back their voices and restores them to their rightful positions as leaders, influencers and the makers of history. Historically and currently, traditional publishing companies are too entrenched in the old paradigm to embrace the re-telling of history's most enthralling and important stories.
I have devoted my past 20 years as an author to avenging the maligned and misunderstood women in history. Yet I have heard repeatedly from publishing professionals in the USA* that books which attempt to upset the historical norms, regardless of how well written and deeply researched, are simply too risky to publish. I heard it in 1999 and I have heard it in 2018 and for all of the years in between.
Frankly, women are tired of asking for permission to speak our truths . We are past the time of hoping for traditional corporations to understand and embrace a storytelling mission which is risky and revolutionary by nature. We are finished begging for validation of the stories that we need to tell NOW. In spite of the fact that it is 2018 and I have proven the global desire for these stories, with over a million books in print in nearly 50 languages all over the world, the gatekeepers in the ivory towers are still very afraid of women with loud voices.
I am proud to be one of those women - a voice for those who have not had one historically. But it is no longer enough to just write these stories and hope that they will land in the right hands. We need to create a modern approach to reach our audience, faster and without interference. We need to create a new paradigm which combines literature, history, community and publishing into one cohesive whole - a company founded by women, for the publication of women's perspectives. We need a publishing model where the editorial aims are to deliver beautiful, powerful books rather than to erode the sharper edges of the truth or water down a controversial subject.
(* Please note that we have found that European publishers are, in general, more open minded and we are hoping to partner/develop relationships with existing publishers overseas. Our current focus is English language publishing in North America, but it will expand as needed).
These are the reasons I am creating my own publishing company in North America, with the help of some brilliant, visionary women. It is time to take our destiny and our stories into our own hands. Our basic goals are:
- To publish fiction and non-fiction books devoted to re-experiencing history through the voices of women and/or highlighting the accomplishments of women past and present;
- To seek out and publish new, fresh and fierce female voices in a collaborative way and to model sisterhood and support in a professional environment;
- Expand global online community for the continued discussion and evolution of important conversations.
But to accomplish these things, we need your help to get started. We are changing history and impacting the future. And in order to do that right, we need some additional resources to launch this project.
In the last 12 years I have poured most of what I have earned back into my research and I will continue to do that. I am downsizing in my own life so that I can devote a majority of my time and resources to this important endeavor. But I cannot do it alone anymore, not with such big stories at stake, and I am asking for your help to bring the following projects to life through our new venture:
Primary Projects for 2019/2020:
1) Anne Boleyn: Ground-Breaking Fiction and Nonfiction based in a decade of research in six languages; 2000 pages of material estimated.
2) Mary Magdalene: Proprietary Nonfiction based in twenty five years of research with the power to change the narrative on women in European history and the evolution of spirituality in the Western World. 1200 pages of material, estimated.
3) Identifying female authors and artists for publishing outside of my own work
Project 1 - The Boleyn Legacy:
Over the past nine years, I have been doing in-depth research into the early life of Anne Boleyn, the second wife of Henry VIII. I resisted her call for years, but Anne would not let me go - and Mary Magdalene wouldn’t, either.
Anne Boleyn spent her formative years in France, and whereas this is critical to the woman and the queen she became, it is also something that historians do not write about. There is very little information on Anne’s life in France that is easily accessible, and almost none of it is in English. But I kept finding her in France, finding references to the fascinating women who were her teachers and mentors. Literally the most fascinating and powerful women who perhaps ever lived in Europe were her primary influences. This mattered. And the more I dug into it, the more I found. When I discovered that Anne Boleyn joined the queens and noblewomen of Europe on a six-month pilgrimage to honor Mary Magdalene, and that the itinerary of the pilgrimage was in the French record, I knew I was on to something important.
With the help of my now late husband, who spoke fluent French and Flemish and drove me many thousands of miles across Europe in search of Anne’s origins, a story unfolded which I believe is one of the most significant and meaningful in history. And I have spent years crafting it. In fact, there is so much new information that my Boleyn book has turned into a Boleyn trilogy, entitled The Boleyn Legacy.
The first, groundbreaking book in the trilogy, The Time Will Come, deals entirely with Anne's life in France. It is painstakingly researched and entirely unique as there is no precedent for a book entirely devoted to Anne's early life. This book is complete, edited and ready for publication. It is my intention to publish it in early December of this year. The second book will be due a year later, in December of 2019, and the third in December of 2020.
Project 2 - The Apostolate of Mary Magdalene
I have spent 25 years on the trail of Mary Magdalene and her legacy in France. As such, I have amassed over a thousand pages of material pertaining to her "apostolate" - her work as an apostle - from the time she arrived in France following the Crucifixion. There are multiple manuscripts, amounting to hundreds of pages, from the 19th century which evidence that the kings, queens and noble men and women of France have revered Mary Magdalene as the ultimate apostle for 2000 years. These documents, many created or accumulated by the Church over centuries, have never been translated into English or distributed.
The greatest immediate need for resources here today is for translation purposes of a number of stunning documents. We have identified professional translators who also have a strong affinity for the subject matter. In order to put them to work on this mammoth translation project asap, we need to pay them!
I cannot overstate the importance of this Magdalene Translation Project. Our goal is no less than creating the definitive account of Mary Magdalene's life in France as it has been preserved through history, from many and varied sources, and how her importance as a spiritual and social leader in the first century changes what we know about the history of women in Europe.
No such book exists, not even close, nor will it ever if we don't create it. Together. And that is why we are asking for your help. Because we are all in this together - and I hope some of our brothers will step in and support this sisterhood as well!
And let me also state that this project is not just about Mary Magdalene. It supports the new understanding that women have been the backbone of spirituality in the West for 2000 years. There are many extraordinary female leaders detailed and celebrated in this project. It also supplements the Boleyn books, with background data and information pertaining to Anne's journeys in France.
When we reach an amount of donations which will allow us to move forward, we will be searching -immediately- for the following positions (women only, please!)
WEB DESIGNER / WEBMISTRESS - We need a tech-savvy goddess to get the websites up and running for AnneBoleyn.com as well as the publishing site and Kathleen's author website. Heavy on design and clean up, with some general maintenance.
PUBLIC RELATIONS / MARKETING MAVEN - We need someone who knows publishing/book marketing but also specializes or has strong knowledge in the spiritual communities online, or with a focus on women's issues.
Please get in touch if you know anyone, or are anyone, who would love to participate in changing history with us in these capacities.
At present, assuming we are able to bring in donations to the level necessary, here is what the timeline of projects looks like:
2018 - Publication of the first book in The Boleyn Legacy for the holiday season. Launching of the AnneBoleyn.com website and discussion forum. Engagement of translators to begin the work on French documentation.
2019 - Completion of the Magdalene translations and beginning of the editing and compilation process for the encyclopedic volume of (working title) "Mary Magdalene - The Apostolate in France"
A smaller, non-fiction, inspirational volume regarding the spiritual teachings of Mary Magdalene will be released for her feast day, July 22, 2019, title to be released at a later date.
Release of the second volume in the trilogy about the relationship of Anne Boleyn and Henry VIII and the start of the Reformation, The Time Returns
2020 - Release of Mary Magdalene - The Apostolate in France for her feast day in July. Release of the third volume in the Boleyn trilogy, title to be released at a later date.
If all of these projects are successful, and our endeavor turns a profit, we will begin taking submissions to publish other female authors, starting in 2019.
SO MUCH GRATITUDE!
Listen, I know we live in a world where somebody is always asking for money and I want to apologize for being one of those people now. But some of you have followed me for many, many years, and I think you know how devoted I am to this cause - and some of the crazy things I have done to fund my research, from going on game shows (I won!) to selling my clothes, shoes and assorted valuables to finance my work.
I am so grateful for the outpouring of love and support I have had from all around the world over the course of these last two decades. Now I am asking, for the sake of this important work, for you to consider contributing to this opportunity to expand the platform for women's voices and to tell many more stories, much faster.
If every single person who has ever told me that they can't wait for my next books donated even a few dollars, this venture would be funded for the 2018 portion overnight. If every person who has ever wrote to tell me how much Mary Magdalene means to them would donate something, we could fund her entire translation and book project for the next two years!
And to make it more interesting for everyone, I have added some great rewards to the donation levels. so please take a look. Also, every month I will randomly select and send a one of a kind gratitude gift or gifts to someone who has donated, just to keep it fun and show my continuing appreciation for the support!
As the great Queen Boudicca said, The Truth Against the World! Thank you for reading this far, and for your consideration, and for caring. Let's do this!
Here are the Donation Tiers/Levels:
- Anything up to $25 dollars will get a thank you email, a synopsis of all three books of The Boleyn Legacy, and regular updates on the progress of the project.
- $50 gives you all of the above with a sneak preview sample chapter of my choosing
- $100 gives you the above, plus the invitation to a group teleconference about the status of the projects and answers to questions
- $200 gives you the above plus an art print of Anne Boleyn or Mary Magdalene (your choice while supplies last) by artists Cheryl Yambrach Rose or Baraka Robin Berger, respectively
- $300 gives everything up to the $100 level plus a limited edition commemorative bracelet with choice of design by Stacey Howard
- $400 gives you everything up to the $100 level plus choice of a custom made semi-precious gemstone necklace with Boleyn, Magdalene or labyrinth theme (your choice) by jewelry artist Stacey Howard
- $500 gives you everything up to the $100 level plus choice of a limited edition, sterling silver “The Time Returns" necklace
- $750 gives you everything up to the $100 level plus a signed art photograph of your choice from a series created by the author of gorgeous locations associated with the books and your choice of jewelry item from the above tiers.
- $1,000 gives everything up to the $750 level plus a personalized, signed, numbered, limited edition hardcover copy of The Time Will Come upon its release. Hardcovers will only be available to donors and not for sale to the general public (Trade paperback will be available to the public)
- $2,000 gives everything up to the $750 level plus a set of four signed art photos, or a mix of photos and lithographs and TWO signed, numbered, personalized, limited edition hardcover copies of The Time Will Come upon its release
- $3,000 gives everything at the $2000 level plus a personal 30 minute Q & A call with Kathleen on the subject of your choice (Anne Boleyn, Mary Magdalene, Ancient Aliens, Oak Island, Writing advice) and follow up questions and answers in writing.
- $5,000 gives everything at the $3000 level plus official status as a Patron/Patroness of the Divine Feminine, name of choice to appear at the back of each of the books published and on the website as a patron.
- $10,000 gives everything at the $5000 level plus includes full admission to a three-day US conference (this year is in Santa Fe in December) or 50% off an international group journey led by Kathleen
- $15,000 gives all of the above, plus Kathleen will fly to any city in the United States or Canada to take you to dinner and say thank you in person or appear in person for your book club meeting/discussion
- $25,000 gives all of the above, and Kathleen will custom design and guide a 7 day excursion for you and a guest to one of the locations related to her books and characters (ie, Magdalene’s France, Matilda’s Tuscany, art in Florence, etc)
ALL levels come with my heartfelt thanks and gratitude for caring about this work so much. Really, none of this happens if we don't do it together!
And as stated above, I will periodically send thank you gifts at random to donors just because!
And because Go Fund Me cannot provide donor emails, you will need to email your receipt to us so that we can register you for your rewards at DemoriLLC @gmail.com
If you have an interest in participating at a higher level as an investor with profit participation, please feel free to get in touch.
A reminder to those of you who have donated to please be sure that you send an email to us at DemoriLLC@gmail.com to let us know your name and donation amount so we can send you your bonuses. We will begin contacting everyone in the first week of November to start fulfilling the bonus promises!
Some of you donated anonymously, but if you want to receive your bonuses you will need to send us the info (your name and amount) so we can add you to the lists.
Plus I am planning to include some fun surprises in the emails which will go out. :)
Also, some of you have written to ask if Go Fund Me takes PayPal, which they unfortunately do not. But you can still donate through PayPal (contact me for details) and just be sure to send an email to DemoriLLC@gmail.com as a follow up.
My never ending gratitude goes out for the amazing support you all have shown to me thus far. Hugs and love. xoxo
THANK YOU all so much, you are really helping us to get this moving. And by the way, I still need a great website designer/webmistress so please give me a shout if you know anyone!
LOVE to all of you, and so much GRATITUDE!
We are at almost 20 percent of our goal in just under two days, and I think we can reach the 20 percent goal this weekend, so please share with anyone whom you think may be interested in this cause, particularly your MAGDALENE sisters and friends who may want to see these hundreds of pages of back up material be published in support of her great accomplishments!
THANK YOU ALL, so much, for the outpouring of generosity. And I have to say I have really enjoyed as a bonus those of you who got creative and brought numerology into your donation amounts!!