Please help w/ Harvey/ Houston, TX
Hi Friends, Family, and Future Friends!
My name is Chris McCracken and originally from South Carolina. Growing up in the South, I witnessed first hand what it meant for people to help people in need. Moving to Houston in 2014, I witnessed the exact same! Houston is one of the most diverse cities in the US and extremely welcoming!
HURRICANE HARVEY has touched me and it's hard to put into words. After lots of vision, talking with a good friend and family, all the dots were connected.
Money can be uncomfortable and asking for money can be absolutely
Why am I starting this Go Fund Me?
1. Hurricane Harvey's impact on my family, my friends and most importantly / strangers that need "Instant Help" have motivated me to not only help but ask for help. People want to help but don't know how or they want to make sure it truly makes a difference. Only 30% had flood insurance and also FEMA is truly underfunded and their assistance isn't fast and often under funded.
The scope of help needed is enormous.
2. Your gift will help at least 20 hardworking families with tearing out drywall/ removing mold/ and all the other items needed at this time. Each family we help will be on a case by case basis. The average cost is approximately 1,700 per house. Depending on size and exact needs.
3. This is GRASSROOTS with pictures and videos uploaded every 24 hours with families with their contact info. and addresses. Before and after pictures.
4. Charities do good works!
However, there are so many families that need instant help and in limbo today, we need to fund this quickly!
Also- 100% of the money donated goes directly to the families!!
No salaries or waste with this campaign.
5. My family was affected! However, we are all healthy and have a roof over our head and food and family and a thriving business to name a few.
We will not use these funds for our house or needs!
5. Please, and I ask this sincerely. PLEASE DONATE TODAY AND SHARE ON SOCIAL MEDIA.
6. Please check back every 24 hours for pics, videos and SMILES!
We are grateful for you!
Example of the aftermath.
The 4' - 5' of water that entered our house moved swiftly and brought lots of items located in the garage into our house.
Lots of work to do!