Moving out of Mellwood

$50 of $1,500 goal

Raised by 2 people in 10 months
I HAVE FOUND A SPACE!  I can leave Mellwood!

With the recent problems I have with Mellwood Art Center with my equipment being damaged and, with the help of a realtor, I have located a space I can move into right away. 

This has nearly everything I am looking for:   sink, bathroom, electric, room for soap curing racks, storage for supplies and most importantly, room to grow.  It is in a quiet area, SAFE and I have an added bonus of having a space to back in my trailer, drop it off and head home for the night after an event... which is (added plus-plus bonus) is less than 10 minutes from home.

I also have room to teach my much-requested soap-making classes at this facility once I am settled and I also have a small area for retail.

I will need some assistance from a moving company to pick up the workshop and move (workshop fixtures, supplies, etc).  While we talked about it, my taller half and I cannot do this by ourselves.  I have a shoulder injury and he cannot lift with just our truck, car and a trailer.  Movers are a very viable option for me to get this done completely, and as quickly as possible to restart my production again.

I am requesting $1500.  This will cover movers, supplies to move (boxes, etc) and possibly buying out the remainder of the lease at Mellwood if they decide to pick a snit.  :) 

Please donate generously, I will need this soon once I talk to Mellwood about terminating my lease which is up in October.

With this move, I can see myself setting myself up for the future.
+ Read More
I have been asked why would I leave Mellwood, there are many reasons.


Above is a link to my Dropbox pages where I have leaky windows, both pictures and movies. The problem was that I had $500 worth of damage that Mellwood did not feel they were responsible for. My insurance company said, "it is $500, you can file a claim, but won't be reimbursed"

Since I reported leaks during Hurricane Harvey in late August of 2017, I had filed many complaints of leaking where their maintenance person said, "I see no leaks, problem has resolved" when the issue certainly did not "resolve itself".

When I took video, they got back with me, offered to move me to a bigger space (that still leaked) and said, "We all know, Miguel won't fix the leaks in your area".

So, off I go!
+ Read More
It looks like I do not have to buy out my lease at Mellwood. But, I still have to gather funds to assist my moving out.

Please, donate generously.
+ Read More
Read a Previous Update

$50 of $1,500 goal

Raised by 2 people in 10 months
Your share could be bringing in donations. Sign in to track your impact.
We will never post without your permission.
In the future, we'll let you know if your sharing brings in any donations.
We weren't able to connect your Facebook account. Please try again later.
Robin Dohner
8 months ago
Kirsten Waldron
8 months ago
Use My Email Address
By continuing, you agree with the GoFundMe
terms and privacy policy
There's an issue with this Campaign Organizer's account. Our team has contacted them with the solution! Please ask them to sign in to GoFundMe and check their account. Return to Campaign

Are you ready for the next step?
Even a $5 donation can help!
Donate Now Not now
Connect on Facebook to keep track of how many donations your share brings.
We will never post on Facebook without your permission.