NEW Scarf Throwers for KidsPlay!
KidsPlay Children's Museum's is growing and the exhibits are growing too - so both our preschool and school age visitors can learn through play.
Our scarf and ball thrower exhibits were some of the first we made. Though they are well loved - they are ready to be upgraded!
We hope you can help us build the new ones.
Did you know in 2015, KidsPlay purchased the building next door? We are adding close to 8,000 square feet to the museum. We are almost done with the renovations; move in date will be in July. New exhibits (like the scarf and ball throwers) will delight our visitors. Your help is appreciated.
KidsPlay is committed to these objectives:
· Increase the number of high-quality exhibits and programs that promote creative play in early childhood learning.
· Present learning concepts in hands-on ways that foster curiosity and that are meaningful and accessible to young children.
· Empower caregivers to embrace the significance of play as a learning tool - share knowledge and skills they need to be active participants in the child's play-to-learn activities.
· Expand the developmental age-range of exhibits.
· Maintain the museum's commitment to remain accessible to families who reflect our community's socio-economic, cultural, and educational diversity.
· Contribute to the economic re-development of Downtown Torrington as an active cultural, arts, economic, and educational center.
Located in Torrington, CT, which is a micropolitian for the Northwest Corner of Connecticut, the museum serves an economically and demographically diverse population. The museum was begun in 2012 in a small storefront by a group of community members who identified a need for a children's museum.
We have served over 115,000 individuals in just five years of operation and proved we are a viable presence and economic partner in Downtown Torrington.
The Connecticut Economic Resource Center honored
KidsPlay with the Celebrate CT! Award, in recognition of our contributions to the economy of Northwest Connecticut.
Thank you for your help in achieving our goal!
See our calendar of programs and events on our website and Facebook page