The road to the Olympics..
First of all I want to thank you for your valuable time in reading about my campaign. Most of you know me, but my name is Hunter Church, I am currently a 19 years old Olympic Hopeful and an emerging member of the United States Bobsled Team and of late the youngest competitive pilot on the 2 and 4 man North Americas Cup International circut. Over the past 12 months, I have made great strides not only as a young up and coming slider, but also as a young adult.
The reason I am creating this campaign is because I once again need the help of my friends and family, and community to help me achieve my goal of having our flag raised at the Olympic Games.
As you may or may not have seen in the news over the summer, Olympians and Olympic hopefuls alike are typically self funded athletes. This means that all costs accumulated are left to the athletes to pick up. Athletes look to sponsorship oppurtunities and sites like GoFundMe to reach out to friends and family to help them continue their pursuit of Gold.
Here is an estimate of what Bobsled pilots like myself and my teammates face each season:
1) Flight from Home to Albany for Team Trials. $300.00
2) Flight from Albany to Salt Lake City for AC Races $300.00
3) Lodging in Park City $130/Day X 14Days $1820.00
4) Rental Car for transportation from Park City to Calgary and back to SLC. $1400.00
5) Food and Meals in Park City Avg. $40/Day X 16 Days= $640.00
6) Lodging in Calgary $130/Day X 7 Days= $910.00
6) Food and Meals in Calgary Avg. $40/Day X 7 Days= $280.00
7) Calgary Race Fees $40 Ca./Athlete/Race if not paid by athlete’s $480.00
8) Flight from Calgary or Salt Lake back to Albany $300.00
9) Flight from Albany back to home @ end of season $300.00
10) Sled Transportation for tour $1000/sled +/- = $2000.00
The season is full of difficulties, many of which I must handle on my own. But the biggest stress of each season is ensuring that I will have the correct funds to get myself, my team and my equipment to each race. Any donations no matter how big or small, and sharing my campaign around are greatly appreciated! If you also had flyer miles to give away those would be great as well since a majority of cost is from flights! :)
Thank you for considering to support my dream, I would not be successful without great people like you!
Hunter Church / USA Bobsled Development Team
*photos taken by Ron Leblanc, thank you Ron!
Thank you again to another donor, my cousin David Kelly! And thank you to those of you who have shared my campaign! If you can't donate please keep sharing :)