Help us save Jax, our pittie rescue
We took our dog, Jax to the groomer after noticing some itchy red spots on his back. A week later, his back started opening up and sores appeared, so to the vet we went. A skin scrape was done and he was put on steroids and antibiotics. A week later we returned to the vet, as the sores had spread. He was sedated, cultures and biopsies taken, a full blood panel taken and put on new antibiotics. Another week went by, and we returned yet again. This time the vet administered an ACTH test, to check Jax' cortisol levels. As we waited for results, we took him to another vet for another opinion. They gave up injectable, very strong antibiotics, ointment for his skin and took urine. All signs point to Cushings Disease. It is treatable, however a horrible secondary infection is spreading all over his back. They are gruesome, horrible, oozing sores. It is a fight for his life. We need help to pay for a dermatologist, an Internal Medicine doctor, a dermatologist & the pills to control his cushings. The pills will be very expensive and aggressive.
If you can donate, ANYTHING will help! We have a 4 month old daughter and we have already spent $1,200 dollars just figuring out what the main cause is! Please consider donating! We rescued Jax 2 years ago at 7 years old, he is huge part of our family! We would love to give him a longer, healthy, spoiled life! Thank you!!!
2 weeks ago we had to take Jax to the Vet for his double ear infection and UTI (urinay tract infection). The testing and medication ran us over $200.
Last Thursday we took him back to have his ears checked and urine sampled. Everything is now cleared up. He also had his blood drawn for his ACHT test (to test his cortisol levels). This is a very expensive test, and all together our bill was $350.
His test results show his levels are low, so we have to stop all medication, put him on prednisone and re-do the ACHT test in 2 weeks. The test alone will cost us over $200.
I'll be honest, we do not have the money for another round of tests. The last two vet visits drained us. We haven't even paid for our own home bills for the month yet. We are running into a big wall.
I'm very upset and confused on what to do next. I know Jax doesn't feel well when his levels are off, and I want to help him... but st what cost? Our daughter is almost 14 months old and takes money also (duh!) plus trying to save for a house to call ours.
We have been so greatful and appreciative of everyone's support, whether it was with calls, donations or advice. This is our last ditch effort to get Jax on track again.
I'm sad to say if we don't find some funds somehow, we will have no option but to find a home for Jax or to put him to sleep... NEITHER of which I want, nor could my heart take! Please, PLEASE share our campaign again!!! Thank you!
(If anyone needs to see veterinary receipts, please feel free to PM me)
We go back to the Vet Thursday for another ACHT test to make sure his cortisol levels are still okay & to order more medicine.
Thank you all for your concerns & for reaching out to us!!! You are all truly amazing !!!
Please help me save my dog’s leg, even if is just by sharing my campaign on facebook!! I dont really know a lot of people so its hard for me to reach the goal in order to provide the proper care my baby needs!! https://www.gofundme.com/z9vf3-help-me-with-my-baby
Wonderful, Allie!! He looks great. You've done a wonderful job nursing him back to health!!
Allie---thanks so much for the update. He looks great! Bless you all for what you've been going through getting that big old baby boy back to good health. I continue to keep you all in my daily prayers. Keep up the awesome job of getting Jax well.