Help save Diesel's life so he can keep saving mine
Diesel is my unofficial service dog. He has started bleeding through his nose for an unexplainable reason. We brought him to the vet and they sedated him and did xrays and bloodwork and the xrays showed differences between the two sides of his sinuses but is doesn't show what they are. He needs a cat scan and a Rhinoscopy to show if it is a tumor or cancer or foriegn objects or fungal infection. It is$5000.00 plus tax and the subsequent treatments are$1000.00 each as they have too do it under anesthesia and a scope. I cannot afford this and I am not ready to lose my dog. Diesel is a 5 year old German Shepherd Dog. I am disabled with spinal and neck issues. My legs give way and I don't know when I will fall. Diesel is always by my side. When I wake up he is at my bedside to catch me and help hold me up if my legs give way. He sits by my chair and pulls me up if I am not strong enough or my pain is too intense. He sits by my feet in the bathroom and pulls me up from the toilet. He wasn't trained for this he just started doing it when i struggled. He truly doesn't deserve this and I can't help him. Please help me to help him. Thank you. I will post pictures as this develops so you can see how you are helping. PLEASE WE ARE DESPERATE TO HELP HIM FAST+ Read More
as of today Diesel has been bleed free for 8 weeks woohooooo. In 4 weeks he will be tested for the last time hopefully. This is the big one and will cost alot but it is the end of the long haul and he is winning. Please help us beat this and let this dog start doing what dogs do. He just wants to play and help his mumma.
Well.... Diesel has not had a severe bleed in well over a month but he has had several small bleeds. I consider this a win and that his medicine is helping. We knew this was going to be a long haul and we truly and deeply appreciate every and all donations we have recieved. Diesel, however, does still need your help to continue to get his meds to fight this disease. Thank you very much and we will keep the updates coming.
Diesel update. He finally got to play in the snow. He was so happy!!!! I think the medication is helping. He hasn't had a severe bleed in a week but has had 2 tiny ones since Thursday. Please continue to donate as we have to keep giving him these meds and keep testing for the blastomycosis. I will keep updating so you can see how your help is helping him. This is the first time he had played in the snow in over a month. He tired quickly but had a blast. Thank you all