Guatemala Volcano Relief 2018
Here's what the disaster in Guatemala looks like, according to Guatemala's government disaster agency (6/6/18).
More than 1.7 million people affected by the volcano eruption
46 people injured
3,271 people have been evacuated
2,625 people living in shelters
75 people killed
192 people missing
Who We Are
ONE Guatemala is a fund started by a family that has deep roots in Guatemala. As Native Guatemalans living in the United States, we feel it is our duty to do everything in our power to help those in need. We are in a far better position to provide for the people in these crucial circumstances that already have a hard time making a living. Guatemala does not have the resources and government assistance programs to attend to this disaster. There is so much destruction and pain in the people impacted by the eruption of the Volcano de Fuego that is about 25 miles southwest of the capital, Guatemala City, and near the colonial city of Antigua.
Raising Fund For (Being requested by the Volunteer Firefighters)
1. Medicine & Medical Supplies for those sheltered through the Volunteer Firefighters.
2. Mens & Kids Under Garments(underwear, socks, ),
3. Hygiene & Sanitary Products (foot powder, deodorant)
4. Dignity Kits: We want to support the woman that are going through this to feel empowered and feel the best they can under the circumstances. ( http://www.unwomen.org/en/news/stories/2017/9/news-dignity-kits-distribution-begins-in-barbuda)
1. Housing Supplies/ Relocation Assistance
We are in direct communication with family members who are contributing to funding and dispersing funds with local Fire Departments and Volunteer Fire Fighters for medicine and medical supplies as needed. We have worked previously with the non-profit organization AMG Guatemala.
To ensure the funds are put to use in the best possible way, Group Leaders will travel to Guatemala to hand deliver the funds to the appropriate organizations. We are actively looking to see how we can make a long-term impact on people who suffered from this devastation. As
- Proof of the transfer of funds will be posted, gofundme.com does not have an option for the funds to be deposited directly to the AMG Guatemala Fund-----------------------------------------------------------
Time is against us to help save lives! Every donation counts!
We are almost there! We have 7 days to raise $1,355 to reach our 5K goal! Two of our team members will be going to Guatemala to hand deliver the money raised to help the local Volunteer Firefighters and buy supplies needed for the people affected by the Volcano aftermath. Thank you to all of you who supported and continue to support by spreading the word!
We have reached close to half of our goal! Thank you to everyone contributing by donating and spreading the word!