GIRLS trip to Brazil Summer 2016
$13,866 of $18,500 goal
Almost 100% Funded - We are doing a Big Push to meet our goal by May 1, 2016! Huge THANK YOU to supporters like you for making this trip possible for our girls! Let's make it happen! #FundGirlsToBrazil
The Essence of a Goddess
Sisterhood Through Art, Education, Culture and Travel
Salvador da Bahia and Cachoeira, Brazil:
June 21, 2016 – June 30, 2016
Our travel abroad summer camp is a cross-cultural journey, a dynamic collaboration between the African American and Afro-Brazilian community.
$2,995 per girl includes: all flights, ground transportation, accommodations, breakfast and dinner meals and English speaking guides for fieldtrips/ tours.
This once in a lifetime opportunity is designed to fully immerse girls between the ages of 12 and 18 into the art, culture, music, dance and history of Brazil. Our aim is to counteract the effects of racism, sexism and colorism, through a cross-cultural collaboration between African Americans and Afro Brazilians. Led by Girls For A Change to send 5-10 teen girls to Brazil.
• African Heritage City Tour of Salvador
• Visit Ile Aiye
• Visit Ile Axe Opo Afonja Terriero
• Visit Steve Biko Institute
• Full-day visit to historical city of Cachoeira and the Boa Morte Sisterhood
• Capoeira Demonstration
• Traditional Indigenous Instruments and Rhythms/Drunmming (Giba) - Workshop: Afoxé Rhythms, Orixas Rhythms and popular rhythms of Brazil
• Workshop with Banda Dida
• Samba Demonstration, Workshop and Dances of Brazil
• Folklore Show and Dinner