Veteran's Food Pantry in NW Florida
We are a 501(c)3 operating soley from the good ness of others.
Located between Hurlburt AFB and Pensacola NAS, Food For Veterans, Inc. ( Food For Vets )
We are a pantry specifically for Honorably Discharged Veterans and active duty military from all branches. (DD-214, VA ID Card, Military ID or State ID verifying Veteran status required.) Although we will start being open 1 day a month towards the end of the month, as resources grow, so will our hours.
DID YOU KNOW?
* Close to 23,000 Active Duty personnel are collecting SNAP Benefits
* When military members are discharged and are trying to adjust to the civilian world, life is HARD!
* Many Veterans are homeless and suffering from mental disorders. We want to be there for them by helping feed them and joining with neighborhood Veteran organizations to get them on their feet.
My goal is to start small. I'm realistic. But I want to go all the way! We will start in a small location but we will grow larger and one day be in a large warehouse and have a mobile unit that we can take to Pensacola, Ft Walton Beach and beyond.
Using GoFundMe is just a start. We will have fundraisers galore! (But I need YOU right now!) Local Active Duty can get their volunteer hours in and at the same time helping their brothers and sisters in arms. These men and women serve their Country everyday and now it's time for us to serve them.
* Non perishable food items
* Farm fresh local eggs
* Fresh local produce
* Personal hygiene items
* Small bags of cat and dog food
* Stand up coolers with glass doors
* A few old shopping carts
* Used plastic shopping bags
* Gift Cards
* Local business coupons
* Businesses to partner with for resources
* Enclosed trailer
* Marketing resources
**** And much more! (But this is a great start!)