On July 8-16, 2015, a team of adults and high school students from our church will be traveling to Port au Prince Haiti. Our Free Methodist missionaries, Rick and Cookie Ireland have invited this team to be involved in a number of ministries.
While there we will…
· Build a church
· Build benches that will be sent to surrounding churches
· Build desks for the elementary schools run by the churches, all of which lack desks for the students.
· Be involved in leading Vacation Bible School for children in the neighboring village, or basketball, soccer, volleyball, or music camps for youth from the village.
After much thought and prayer I have decided to join this team. I have filled out an application and begun attending the team meetings where we will spend the next several months preparing for this experience.
I am writing to request your support as I prepare and go to share the love of Christ through my talents and desire to serve. You can support me in two important ways.
1. I would ask that you pray for the team and I as we prepare and go. We need strength and wisdom from God to do this work. Prayer is our most important resource.
2. It is no secret that I will need funding in order to participate on this team. We will be required to contribute $1300 each which will include airfare, ground transportation, food and lodging from beginning to end. We are raising an additional $500 for travel to and from Florida. I'll also need to raise the funds for my passport, vaccinations. A total of $2000. I am inviting you to give whatever you feel led to give. If you cannot give please know your prayers are the most important support you can give.
You can give online via GoFundME - or you can send a check to Open Arms Community Church and mark in the memo section: “Haiti – Zoe Hatcher”. You may send it directly to the church or to me. The church address is Open Arms Community Church, 1289 E. Main St., Bradford, PA 16701.
Thank you for taking the time to read this letter and I appreciate your support!
- Cassie Burt
- Valerie Rung
- Sharon Escobar
- Molly Fulton
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more