Friends and Angels of the world,
We are starting this Go-fund me with hope in our hearts and humbly ask for your help. We will be facing a long journey ahead that will require us to accommodate changes not only to our lifestyles but our house, in order to accommodate accessibility for Joe’s upcoming recovery.
Joe was born with a spinal deformity to which he has battled throughout his life, which has caused a once hard-working man to become disabled. This deformity has caused his spine to degenerate along with causing his back to lean the wrong way (24-degree Scoliosis). He also has some fracturing in multiple areas as well as pinching the on lower extremity nerves. The effects of all this have caused numbness throughout his body, loss of use of legs, and other side effects. Though nothing said can begin to show the pain we feel as a family and most of all how Joe feels daily. Joe will be having the first of three major surgeries this month.
Currently, Joe is unable to walk without assistance and primarily rides an outdated scooter. With a house built in the '70s, doorways are narrow, and Joe sometimes speeds above the house speed limit, the walls have paid for it. Our mom assists our Dad (Joe) with loading the scooter into the truck or car. She shouldn't be lifting heavy equipment or at least have some aid due to her health. Since stairs are no longer an option and may not be wise even after the surgeries, we would need to make some changes to the layout of the house.
We have a lot of work to do, and these changes need to come as soon as possible to make the recovery process smoother, quicker, and safer for his recovery and those who will be assisting him during rehabilitation. We are humbly asking for your financial assistance to ease the impact of these accommodations and the assurance to complete some adjustments promptly.
Accommodations needed are not limited to but include:
· Upgraded Scooter or power wheelchair to accommodate limited mobility safety during recovery
· A concrete ramp for both entrances
· Wider door frames adjustments on all rooms for scooter and power wheelchair accessibility
· A walk-in tub or shower either added to the house or the current shower renovated to suit
· Anticipated medical bills which are accumulating already, and we anticipate an extended recovery journey.
· Scooter/ power wheelchair auto crane to assist our mother, who will no longer be able to lift the newer styles.
· A stairlift so that Joe can get back into his recording studio that he has not been able to access for over 3 years.
Only your kind support can help us raise enough funds to make these changes. If you know of anyone who can assist in finding help to make these projects possible, can you please connect us? Please check out the link provided (https://open.spotify.com/artist/7uyyjOHQchJr9j16c4o45y ) to Joe's final album before the symptoms became debilitating. One of the devastating effects of this journey has been the loss of ability to play his guitar, as well as other instruments and the operation of his recording studio. Joe was and is an extraordinary musician and, we hope this will bring him the recovery he needs so that he will be able to feed our souls again through his guitar.