In 2018, the boys' team is changing their annual XC camp by travelling to Colorado for a mission trip. The trip will be led by Coaches Eric Lueck and Wayne Lueck. The team will be serving Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran Church with a Sports Bible Camp which they offer for their grade school and neighborhood children.
The boys will be helping the church by...
1. inviting the neighborhood chidren to the camp
2. serving as group counselors with the sports camp
3. leading the camp devotions
4. helping with the movie night at the church
This will be a great opportunity for the boys' team to serve their Savior and one of our WELS churches in reaching out to their community. In addition to serving this Denver-area WELS church, the team is also going to take advantage of the Colorado area for their summer running. We will be running in Boulder - one of the top running cities in America. The team will also be doing several excursions including Pikes Peak, Rocky Mtn National Park and rafting the Colorado River. ￼
In order to keep the cost down and maintain part of our camping experience, the boys will be "roughing" some of the trip. We will be driving to Colorado and the 15 hour road trip will be a great way to bond as XC brothers. We will also be sleeping on the grade school floor using air mattresses and sleeping bags. Breakfast and lunch will be cereal, fruit, bagels, PB&J sandwiches and the like. The boys understand that this mission trip will involve some personal sacrifice. The boys will be paying for some of their trip but we need to raise additional money in order to make this cost-effective for their families.
In hearing about these exciting plans, I'm hoping that...
1. if you are a WiscoXC alum, you would like to be back in a team uniform participating in this trip
2. if you are a WiscoXC parent, you value the education and XC experience that your child had at WLHS
3. if you are a WiscoXC supporter, you are proud of the ongoing success and work of the program And that all of.... YOU WOULD HELP MAKE THIS MISSION TRIP POSSIBLE BY FINANCIALLY SUPPORTING THE BOYS' XC TEAM OF WISCONSIN LUTHERAN HS.
By graciously supporting our Mission trip, you would help us with the following expenses...
1. Ford Transit Van and gas for 8 days.
2. Meals for 8 days. Dinner will be at local eateries.
3. Special excursions that require payment.
The goal is to maintain this concept for years to come. The mission trip would be offered every 3 years so that if a young man continues running for WiscoXC, he could take the trip as part of his high school XC experience. This will be a lasting memory connected to running at Wisconsin Lutheran HS. WOULD YOU PLEASE SUPPORT OUR EFFORTS? Godspeed. ￼
DonationsSee top donations
- Gary and Kathy Wegel
- Amber Hansen
- Lynn Cyr
- Gail Janik
- Chad Burow
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more