On any given day during our peak season, we can have up to 300 animals in care, the majority of them injured and orphaned wildlife babies. These range from orphaned deer fawns, to fledging robins, and much more! Each year we see over 135 different species of wildlife admitted to our hospital.
95% of the animals we admit are injured or orphaned as a result of human activities, such as: window strikes, vehicle collision, hitting power lines, barbed wire, fishing line entanglement or ingestion, domestic cat and dog attacks, exposure to toxins, and kidnapping (taking a healthy baby animal from the wild).
Our 7th annual Wildlife Baby Shower fundraiser helps prepare us for the influx of patients we see in spring and summer. It ranges from over $100.00 to well over $1,000.00 to rehabilitate an individual animal.
Each year the demand for our services increases. We need your support to continue caring for Alberta’s wildlife in need. As the demand for our services grows, so does the cost of operations. As a non-profit organization, we operate on a small and conservative budget, and rely solely on successful grant applications and donations to operate.
Examples of costs during our peak seasons:
· Food for 1 fox kit for 1 day: $5.25
· 1 bottle of antibiotics for injured wildlife (lasts 7-14 days depending on quantity needed): $19.35
· Specialized feeding nipples for mammals: $200.00
· 30,000 mealworms (this will last for 7-8 days in our peak spring and summer seasons): $565.00
· Fresh produce for patients in care (will last 4-5 days): $343.00
· Milk replacer for baby mammals: $1,800.00
How You Can Help:
· Donate today through our Wildlife Baby Shower GoFundMe campaign, or in our store at: Donate!
· Call us at [phone redacted] to make a donation
· Donate items from our wish list
· Join us for our next on-site talk in May, on Sunday, May 27th.
· Help us spread the word about the natural behaviours of baby wildlife.
All proceeds go to supporting the care of wildlife in need. If you would prefer to donate via cheque, donations are gratefully accepted at our mailing address:
Alberta Institute for Wildlife Conservation
PO Box 68
* All donations over $15.00 will receive a tax receipt via mail/e-mail 3-4 weeks after the donation has been made.
DonationsSee top donations
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more