2
2

West Seattle High School Tennis Team

$100 of $1,000 goal

Raised by 2 people in 5 months
To all my friends, fellow tennis players/enthusiasts, and promoters of youth sports:

37327952_1551136625460217_r.jpeg

This is Cathy Thom (right there in the middle). She is the head coach for West Seattle High School Tennis Team. 

37327952_155114485733155_r.jpeg

This is Cathy’s team. The team is part of a waning tradition of schools that still have coed teams. Whether it’s conditioning in the gym or outside practice, she’ll always do her best to give players the most out of practice. 

The team currently practices at Solstice Park in West Seattle. This is about 3 miles away from West Seattle High School.

Even though all of the coaches are trained and certified in First Aid/CPR/AED, the school has not provided any portable AED units for the team.

According to the National Institute of Health, sudden cardiac arrest is the leading cause of death in young athletes. Many times sudden cardiac arrest occurs without warning. 

If a player were to have sudden cardiac arrest, it is essential that an AED be administered within 5-7 mins. If administered within the first minute, the chances for survival are about 90 percent. Every minute that passes without defibrillation, the chances for survival drops by 7-10 percent. 

West Seattle High School does have AED units. However, due the distance from Solstice Park and its remoteness, it would be very difficult to obtain an AED if sudden cardiac arrest occurs. 

The team is asking for donations to be able to purchase two AED units. One for the Junior Varsity and one for Varsity. This way, there will be an AED unit for home and away matches. 

We can never be too safe. We always hope that these scenarios will never occur. But, if they do, be sure to know that we have coaches who are trained and able to administer AEDs and possibly save lives whether it be West Seattle students, other school's students, or anyone who may suffer from sudden cardiac arrest.

Thank you in advance!
+ Read More

$100 of $1,000 goal

Raised by 2 people in 5 months
Your share could be bringing in donations. Sign in to track your impact.
   Connect
We will never post without your permission.
In the future, we'll let you know if your sharing brings in any donations.
We weren't able to connect your Facebook account. Please try again later.
LC
$50
Lisa Corbin
3 months ago
RJ
$50
Rick Johnson
5 months ago
or
Use My Email Address
By continuing, you agree with the GoFundMe
terms and privacy policy
There's an issue with this Campaign Organizer's account. Our team has contacted them with the solution! Please ask them to sign in to GoFundMe and check their account. Return to Campaign

Are you ready for the next step?
Even a $5 donation can help!
Donate Now Not now
Connect on Facebook to keep track of how many donations your share brings.
We will never post on Facebook without your permission.