Weezie’s Walk-in

This is Todd Gelsomino, owner of Weezie’s Kitchen in Carytown, Richmond, VA. As many of you may have heard, our beloved Weezie’s Kitchen had a fire early Sunday morning due to a cigarette being tossed into the dumpster behind the restaurant a few hours after closing. The fire blazed for over an hour before the fire department was alerted, and by that time, the fire had spread to the walk-in cooler and it was destroyed, along with all of the contents. It’s such a huge loss—not just the cooler and inventory, but we can’t open until we have a cooler, and every day we’re not open is a huge loss to us and our restaurant family. As we wade through insurance red tape and try to rebuild, we need help. Every little bit helps—I will be withdrawing the funds from your generous contributions to get Weezie’s up and running as soon as possible. Thanks again for all of your support, can’t wait to see you at Weezie’s!


 See top
  • Eugene Walter 
    • $100 
    • 11 mos
  • Richard Lucas 
    • $100 
    • 12 mos
  • Alvin Buchanan  
    • $50 
    • 12 mos
  • charles Frankenhoff 
    • $10 
    • 12 mos
  • martha hrank 
    • $25 
    • 12 mos
See all


Todd Gelsomino 
Richmond, VA
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more