Support athletes' mental health, education, and overall wellness beyond sports.
My name is Darryll Stinson. I'm a former Division 1 athlete, TEDx speaker, suicide survivor, pastor, and the founder of Second Chance Athletes.
This is my friend and partner David Meltzer, CEO of Sports 1 Marketing, best-selling author, and top business coach.
David and I have teamed up to eliminate after-sports depression and mental health issues facing athletes in the transition from sports. We're raising $25,000 to empower Second Chance Athletes to help high school, college, and pro athletes overcome the common mental, social, emotional, and financial challenges that come with transition.
The answer is simple:
- We need resources to serve athletes, and veterans battling mental health transition challenges.
Here's the deal.
Even though the pandemic caused us to lose more than 80% of our income, we chose to continue to serve. We gave money we didn't have. We hosted free mental health trainings for student-athletes. We helped people find jobs. We gave away free resources.
We spent hours counseling athletes through mental health challenges. The list goes on and on.
We hired a major book launch team to get my new book Who Am I After Sports? this year instead of 2021 when it was scheduled to release. Due to the helpfulness of the material, an amazing book launch team, and MANY supporters around the US, the book hit #1 new release in two categories and #10 in football, three spots behind Tom Brady's book. We were able to donate 100% of our book proceeds in the first week (when most of the magic happens) to struggling inner-city youth sports programs.
Not only did we make financial sacrifices and investments, but we all made personal sacrifices as well; late nights and early mornings. I've personally been working 80 hours a week since the pandemic hit, to serve on the front lines helping others. We need your financial support to continue our service.
Should we fall short of our fundraising goal, here's the #1 consequence:
Due to the exposure, the book has received, the excellence of our team and the true need for athlete mental health services, we have a line of people asking for help, and we can't serve them without expanding and continuing our current level of offerings.
Do you know anyone who can help us help more athletes?
They can make their best gift online here, or email me if they prefer to mail or need some additional information.
Here's my email: [email redacted]
Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and support our cause.
It means the world to me and I know it means the same to those we serve.
---- Additional info for the analytical people. I got you. ----
OUR PAST RESULTS
Throughout the past three years we've:
- Shared our message with thousands of athletes.
- Helped 623 athletes find purpose after sports using our Athlete's Transition Roadmap, which is a five-phase framework designed to help athletes develop a holistic identity, discover new purpose, and live fulfilled.
- Been featured on Fox, ABC, and NCAA for our athlete mental health expertise.
- Helped 172 athletes and coaches find hope and faith in Jesus.
“As athletes, we go through life getting praised and making a lot of money. We create a world where our sport is our life and makes us who we are. When the game is taken away from us or when we stop playing, the shock of not hearing the praise or receiving the big bucks often turns out to be devastating,” said NFL superstar, Brandon Marshall following the 2012 suicide of former San Diego Charger Junior Seau.
It's time to share our process with the world.
Never before in the history of sports has there been a world event that has impacted the sports industry like COVID-19 has. Athlete transition was already a huge underserved problem pre-pandemic and now, with teams ending seasons, high school students losing scholarship opportunities, colleges losing money, and professional players refusing to play to protect their health, athlete mental health issues are a "pandemic" within a pandemic.
Click 'Donate now' to make your best contribution today.
WAYS WE ARE GIVING BACK
- 100% of our book proceeds withing the first month are going to our Mike White Scholarship fund to support struggling inner-city youth sports programs.
- For every $1,000 donation, we'll donate ten 22-lesson Discover New Purpose courses to athletes in need.
- For every $5,000 donation, we'll donate 100 22-lesson Discover New Purpose courses to athletes in need, and a $5K Athlete Preparedness Workshop for a sports team.
- For every $10,000 donation, we'll donate 1000 22-lesson Discover New Purpose courses to athletes in need, and a $10K Athlete Preparedness Workshop for all sports at an entire SCHOOL.
- 10% of our future book proceeds (after the first week) will go towards addiction recovery for former athletes.
Feel free to email me should you have any questions or would like to discuss how you can make a major gift contribution to sponsor athlete transition training for all sports at an entire school.
Again, thank you for your time and investment.
- Darryll Stinson
Founder of Second Chance Athletes
Your donation matters