The Evolutionary Film Festival presents The 3rd Annual Sigmund Freud Film Festival & Challenge. This year, there will be a $250 cash prize for the BEST film to be determined by the 3 judges selected to evaluate the competitive films. The winner will receive a $250 cashier's check in JUS funds at the end of the competition. This offer is void in countries will American currency is banned.
The Film Festival and Challenge will screen competitive and non-competitive film submissions dedicated to the theories of the famed neurologist and psychoanalyst Dr. Sigmund Freud.
“Bold, Provocative, Fun, and Thought-provoking” are some of the adjectives to describe this latest Tampa Bay-based area film festival& film challenge.
The non-competitive portion seeks any 10-minute fiction or non-fiction film made in the past 5 (five) years that include themes related to Sigmund Freud, Freudian theories, psychology, psychotherapy, or any psychological thriller or themed film. The entry fee is $50 and subject to acceptance.
For the competitive film challenge, between now and April 23, 2021, filmmakers are invited to create and submit an original 10-minute video that includes the following elements:
(1) Freud's theory of "The Pleasure Principle" must be dramatized or demonstrated in any capacity in the film... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pleasure_principle_(psychology).
(5) “This film submission is part of “ The 3rd Annual Sigmund Freud Film Festival & Challenge", the director's name, and the title of film” must be displayed at the beginning of the video entry.
(6) The competitive film entry fee is $50.
3. The 10 maximum minute limit excludes title and credits.
4. Competitive entries must be received by 11:59 p.m., April 23, 2021
1.. View this Facebook LIKE Page to follow any updates - https://www.facebook.com/sigmundfreudfilms
2. Sponsorship Opportunities available - See here - https://www.gofundme.com/RodrickNetVision
3. Prizes – Grand Prize Trophy to the Best Film, Prizes also for Best Director, Best Actor and Actress Performance, Best Editing, Best Cinematography, Best Story, Best Adaptation of Freud Theory. Audience Favorite and special festival producer awards to be announced at screening.
4. Every team submitting a competitive entry will receive a certificate of participation.
5. To honor Dr. Freud’s 165th anniversary (May 6, 1856), the screening of the competitive entries will take place at the VIllagio Cinemas at 2 pm on Sunday, May 109, 2020.
7. Here is a sample “Freudian” short film created some years ago by the festival founder, Rodrick Colbert. Theme: Narcissism - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr2fU_mRFwg
8. The Evolutionary Film Festival is a production of The Evolutionary Project (https://theevolutionaryproject.wordpress.com/)
9. Tickets to the Screening is $10 (two free tix to entrants).
- John Hartman
- Bino Bino
- Yasmeen Gay
- Yasmeen Gay
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more