"We believe that every mother and child deserves access to professional care with love and compassion”
Please help us continue our journey of serving and providing professional and free healthcare to woman and babies accross the Kouga area in Jeffrey's Bay, South Africa.
It all started with baby Ezra. Baby Ezra was born to parents that did not have the correct knowledge to raise a baby. This lack of parenting skills and education almost led to baby Ezra dying. HMBC was founded in 2002 due to the overwhelming need in the community for a specialized clinic that focused on improving the health of mothers and children.
HMBC is a non-profit organization committed to delivering professional medical care to the most vulnerable and underprivileged women & babies of our community.
We aim to serve the growing demand for specialised mother and child care that is not sufficiently supplied by government clinics. This way we reduce maternal
and child mortality rates and prevent a multitude of sicknesses. We empower families to raise
HMBC is passionate about improving the lives of mothers and babies.
HMBC believes in empowering women with pre and postnatal education, to help them make informed choices about their health, pregnancy, children, and families.
HMBC partners with the Department of Health and is financially dependent on donations.
We have managed to obtain the private funding required to establish a permanent infrastructure
and fund operational costs up to date. We have partnered with the Department of Health who provides us with basic medical supplies such as antibiotics, vaccines, blood tests, syringes and needles.
Today, we have a fully-fledged clinic with an established infrastructure and eight full time and one
part time staff and a team of volunteers. We have conducted more than 50,000 consultations since
2009 (with approx. 10,200 in FY2017). Currently we do more-or-less 900 consultations per month.
Our staff are made up of professional midwives, nurses, nurse assistants and counsellors.
Our services include the following:
- Antenatal check-ups and ultrasound scans
- Antenatal childbirth education
- Crisis pregnancy counselling and teenage pregnancy support
- Postnatal care and education
- Growth monitoring and breastfeeding support
- Family planning
- Cervical cancer screening
HMBC IS ABOUT:
- Delivering professional medical care.
- Empowering our mothers with through education, counselling, support, and compassion.
- The belief that healthy mothers lead to healthy babies that in turn creates healthy families that have the power to transform our community.
-Serving our community with excellence.
- The HMBC has serviced the Kouga community for the past 13 years.
- HMBC works in partnership with the Department of Health.
- The clinic is a registered NPO (Non-Profit Organization) and PBO (Public Benefit Organisation).
- HMBC is supported by national and international individuals and businesses.
OUR VISION IS:
- That every pregnant woman has access to skilled professionals that can give her support, education and care to ensure that she delivers a healthy child that thrives.
- To help create healthy families because they are especially the basis of a healthy society.
- That our clinic becomes a centre that offers mothers and babies, healthcare, support and education that can be replicated in other communities.
- That the HMBC Mobile Clinic brings much-needed health care to the remote areas of our community.
- That HMBC will become a centre of education and training for midwifery students.
- To have our own birthing unit.
Please help us by donating towards our cause so that we can keep our doors open for the next year and many more to come.
The money will go towards the many costs of running our clinic on a daily basis :
- Paying Salaries of our hardworking staff
- Rent of our building
- Medical Supplies
- Medical Equipment
We thank you in advance for contributing to our cause!
Have a look at our website for more details about the clinic :
NPO Number :
DonationsSee top donations
- MaryAnne Hossack
- Melissa Knezevici
- Berdien Meerlo
- Love You
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more