They were told it is INCURABLE!!! As you can imagine, this is shocking, horrifying, numbing, and incomprehensible. There are no words that can describe the complete and utter shock, grief and helplessness that the Bitto’s are feeling at this time The sadness of the prognosis of this disease is completely overwhelming. They are finding it hard to accept that their lively, beautiful, witty, kind and loving little girl will never grow up or that her big brother Colin will have to live his life without the love and support of his wonderful little sister.
The last thing the Bitto family needs at this time is to worry about finances. Many people are reaching out asking how they can help so this fundraiser has been set up to do just that. Insurance doesn't always cover things 100 percent. Lots of time off work will be taken. When Julia is home, there will be things they will need to buy to make her comfortable and happy. Every single thing adds up. Let us enable them to use the funds to buy things for Julia's care and enjoyment as well as anywhere else they see fit. Let's give them the freedom to be able to do what they need and want to do without worrying about finances.
Your donation would help with:
1. Insurance- While the Bitto Family has health insurance, it does not cover 100 percent of the cost. They have to meet their deductible and have copays to pay.
2. Work- There are going to be times where the family is going to need to take off work. While there are laws in place in order to keep your job, this does not mean a pay check will be coming in for missed work.
3. Bills- While the medical bills are rising, personal bills will continue to PILE UP each month. There are also going to be extra personal expenses by having to drive to and from Philadelphia for doctor appointments at CHOP, which is sometimes daily.
4. Treatment- Upon research of DIPG, there is a lot of progress going on in Brain Stem cancer tumors. Unfortunately, many of the treatments and trials are not covered by insurance some even reaching $400,000.00. Julia is currently undergoing 6 weeks of radiation. The family will then have big decisions to make regarding further treatment options once the radiation is complete so keep them in your prayers.
5. Vacation/Family Adventure- The Bitto Family is hoping to take several family vacation and adventures once Julia’s radiation treatment is finished in early November. Let’s provide them the financial freedom to enjoy their time together as a family without the worry of finances.
Please help us fundraise and spread the word, so we can help the Bitto’s!
If you are not comfortable giving a donation online please feel free to send a check to the following address as a family bank account has been set up:
BB & T Bank (Bitto Family Account)
901 Fayette Street
Conshohocken, PA 19428
Make a donation in Julia's name to Little Smiles , a non-profit children’s charity whose mission is to bring smiles to the faces of children in local hospitals, hospices and shelters.
Instructions as follows:
1. Click (or copy and paste) this link to go to the donation form: https://littlesmilespa.org/donate/
2. Enter "Julia Bitto" in the first line of the form that reads "Donate in honor or memory of"
3. Complete the form with your information
4. Click the button that say "Pay"
5. 80% of your proceeds will go directly to Julia Bitto's family and 20% will go directly to local families who are sadly dealing with their little one's fighting cancer.
Also, letters of courage, encouragement and love may be sent to Julia and The Bitto Family at 12 Beth Lane, Malvern, PA 19355.
Follow Julia’s journey at: https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/juliabitto
Thank you for taking the time to read this page and for any support whether it be financial, emotional, spiritual or even just by sharing this page. Much love to everyone!
Kimberly DeMaria, on behlaf of Tim and Christy Bitto
- The Pepe Family
- Elisa Maas
- Jordan & Myriam Martinez
- Roger Crook
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more