Todd Strong

Calling the Todd Strong Family!!!!!

As you are aware, Todd took a spill on his bike Sunday, July 9, 2017 and has left many of us wondering how we can help.  Continue reading to see how your donation can help.

Below is a detail of the incident:

He had been working on one of his bikes in preparation for his upcoming trip to the dunes in Coos Bay, an annual tradition. Much of how his accident we do not know and have tried to piece together what has happened, but we do know this. Todd hit a few whoops before getting ready to hit a jump on the track behind the house. When he was found, his bike lay on its side and the front tire was blown out, which came first is a mystery.

Wendy came home from work around 830pm to Todd's shop empty and looking as it had just been worked in, so she waited for him figuring he was testing the bike. After about 20 minutes the feeling of something not being right set in and she started yelling for Todd. As she was yelling for him she was answered with yells for help so she went running. Wendy found Todd, assessed his injuries and dialed 911. Todd was taken from the site of the accident to the Toledo airport and then life flighted to to the hospital where he is now. The best calculation we have is that Wendy found Todd about 5 hours after the accident.

Over the next few hours at the hospital Todd was assessed and it was determined that a spinal cord injury occurred in the Cervical section of his spine, or the C vertebrae. Todd had fractured his C-5 and C-6 vertebrae and immediately underwent emergency surgery. The C-5 was beyond repair and had to be removed, which allowed for room for the cord to swell without any further damage to nerves. It was also determined that Todd had a right vertebral artery bleed and a thoracic compression fracture, all very serious and critical injuries. In addition to these life threatening injuries Todd also broke multiple ribs, his arm, his left orbital (eye socket) and a pretty roughed up face from the fall. 

At the time of assessment Todd only had minimal movement of his upper arms and was able to speak.

Todd underwent surgery late Sunday/Early Monday morning and has been under sedation while they assess his immediate needs.

This stay will be expensive.  Let's help!!!!!

The expenses with lengthy and life saving hospital stays, including life flight to the hospital will mount up to hights higher than Mt. Everest.  At this point we do not know the full extent of services needed in the future, but the cost alone of a life saving air ambulance like the one used to get Todd to the hospital can cost over $30,000 .  As the bills will eventually mount up this is a way for you to help.
  • Anonymous 
    • $90 
    • 52 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $250 
    • 53 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $50 
    • 54 mos
  • Sandra Cook 
    • $250 
    • 54 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $200 
    • 56 mos
See all

Organizer and beneficiary

Geoff Roy 
Toledo, WA
Wendy Risner