Support Ukrainian art & culture in wartime
Peace for Art Foundation is based in France and was created after the outbreak of the war in Ukraine to respond to the urgent need to help the artists there and act to protect existing and future cultural heritage.
We, Cornélia Schmidmayr (Franco-German) and Ivanna Bertrand (Franco-Ukrainian), presidents of Peace for Art, have been working for years with the Ukrainian cultural sector. Since 2021, we have been founders and directors of the ArtEast Gallery , based in Berlin and dedicated to Ukrainian art. Ivanna Bertrand has also been the head of the international fair Photo Kyiv since 2017. Our years of experience and collaboration with the Ukrainian cultural scene have given us a deep knowledge of the country and the ability to identify precisely where help is needed in these difficult times.
Creation is the fundamental response to destruction. Ukraine needs its culture, its beating heart, to preserve its past and build its future. It is essential to protect cultural heritage in Ukraine, support cultural workers and artists, helping them find artist residencies and safe environments to work and create.
We can act concretely every day to preserve Ukrainian heritage, which is part of European heritage and humanity’s heritage. Peace for Art is active in various ways:
- sending funds to recognized associations and institutions in Ukraine supporting cultural workers and artists who are deprived of any source of income due to the war
- funding the Ivan Gonchar Museum in Kyiv to help the team purchase material to protect their fragile collections
- buying and shipping to Ukraine a new camera for prominent Ukrainian photographer Oleksandr Glyadyelov documenting the situation on the frontline,
- helping artists leave Ukraine and find artist residencies in Europe,
- organizing Ukrainian art exhibitions, finding exhibition spaces, coordinating offers and needs…,
Supporting us is a direct aid to the Ukrainian cultural sector.
Good to know: donations can give right to tax deductions in Europe.
Visit our website and social media to learn more and follow our actions. Do not hesitate to share and spread the word about Peace for Art; it is also helping us!
DonationsSee top donations
Peace for Art