Unleash Tarporley’s collective creativity with the Stay Sunny Tarps
Art Project as we continue to live through this unique crisis.
The bright community spirit in Tarporley has been a real tonic over the last few weeks and we have been overwhelmed by the positive support for the Stay Sunny Tarps initiative. Whilst you have been busy planting your sunflower seeds we have been thinking of new ways to continue the positive vibes by uniting the community, this time through art.
We are calling on you, the residents of Tarporley, to be part of the Stay Sunny Tarps - Art Project, asking for artwork submissions that have been created whilst in isolation.
Your mission, should you choose to accept, is to channel your creativity to create a sunflower image on a 15cm square card. This can be a drawing, painting, collage or even covered with fabric and stitch, anything goes.There is no need for any special art equipment, or artistic talent, as this project is inclusive to everyone. And we really mean, everyone!
Never tried creating art before? Then this is your chance! For inspiration on how to create your unique pieces of sunflower art, Rachel Davies has put together a short video packed with simple ideas (insert link)
The project will feature an online exhibition featuring all of the 15cm square sunflower artworks made in isolation by you to chronicle Tarporley’s creativeness and positivity in lockdown. Entries for the exhibition will cost £2 with all proceeds going towards the Tarporley War Memorial Hospital.
We will be asking you to vote for your favourite in the following three categories; Infant Artist (aged under 7) Young Artist (aged under 12yrs), Junior Artist (aged 12-16yrs ) and Adult Artist (aged 17yrs+).
The 8 favourite designs (2 from each category) will be featured in a series of prints and merchandise to be sold on behalf of Tarporley War Memorial Hospital.
Be part of history in the making - all artwork submitted will be used to create a Framed Collage marking “A Communities Covid-19 Response” to be displayed in a communal space.
Alongside the virtual exhibition, your artwork will also be physically showcased in the windows of Tarporley High Street businesses and shops from July 18th - August 2nd to bring joy to everyone walking through the village. Voting for your favourite piece will open on a virtual platform on July 18th 2020.
HOW TO ENTER
- Create your sunflower image on a 15cms square of card (this can be the back of a cereal packet).
- Include the following details on the back of your artwork; Name, age, contact tel/email, method of payment e.g online/spar.
- Submit your artwork within an envelope and drop off at Tarporley Spar. We can collect artwork or artwork can be posted tel Helpline 01829 833069 for details.
- Pay your £2 entry fee per artwork via the hospitals website please make sure you leave a comment letting us know your donation is for the Art Project or using the specified box at Spar - There is no limit on artwork submissions per person/household.
- Check out your artwork alongside all submissions in the virtual exhibition at
and in the windows of Tarporley High Street from July 18th 2020.
- Get ready to vote for your favourites when voting goes live on July 18th.
- Winners from each category will be announced on Saturday 1st August.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Entries need to be submitted by July 6th 2020 latest and winners from each category will be announced by August 1st 2020. Artwork submitted cannot be returned as it will be used for A Community Collage. £2 entry fee per artwork with 100% proceeds going to Tarporley War Memorial Hospital. No limit on amount of submissions per person/household.
- Susan Jenkins
Tarporley War Memorial Hospital, North West England, United Kingdom
TARPORLEY WAR MEMORIAL HOSPITAL TRUST
Donations eligible for Gift Aid.