Since our first project in 2014, Sculpture School has been committed to fostering creativity in our valley. What started as an idea and some wood scraps, has grown into a community space where kids unleash their creative potential and learn that they can make something based entirely from their own ideas.
Your gift will help us create a scholarship fund to increase access to innovative, hands-on learning programs for local children and families.
Our Plans for 2018
• We will launch an internship program for local teens to gain experience working in a progressive, hands-on, educational setting.
• We will host the 4th annual Soapbox Derby program at Knoll Farm , where kids have the opportunity to make life-size sculptures and race them downhill.
• We will produce more interactive events for our community like our Escape Room in fall 2017 which reached over 200 people in 10 days.
• We will participate in the 2018 Warren 4th of July Parade by making a giant kid-made float .
• We will collect and reuse over 2,000 plastic bottles to build life-size plastic bottle boats and float them down the Mad River. Here is a video from our adventure in 2016:
Allocation of Funds
Below is an outline of how your funds will support Sculpture School families.
• $10-$100 — Any size gift allows us to build up to full and partial scholarships
• $250 — This gift will provide one full scholarship for a child to participate in the 7 week Soapbox Derby program from April - June 2018
• $300 — Sends one child to a summer program with a full-ride scholarship
• $500 — Provides two internship stipends for local teens to work as apprentices teaching kids how to build in a safe and nurturing environment
• $1000 — Will provide four full-ride scholarships for children to participate in the 7 week Soapbox Derby program from April - June 2018
*If we raise over $5000 we will extend the scholarship program into fall 2018 programming.
Help us Build a Creative Community
Please be part of this exciting investment in our children by making a contribution to Sculpture School.
We are excited to announce that New Learning Journey, a 501c3 charitable organization based at Knoll Farm, has offered to support our fundraising efforts by providing our community with a fully tax-deductible way to donate to our scholarship fund. All funds raised for New Learning Journey through this campaign will go directly to families requesting scholarship funds at Sculpture School. All donors will receive a letter from New Learning Journey acknowledging receipt of their donation.
*Please note, any donations made through this online campaign will incur a 5% fee from GoFundMe as well as a 3% credit card processing fee. If you would prefer to write a check so that 100% of your donation is received by our students, please send to: New Learning Journey (Attn. Sculpture School), 700 Bragg Hill Road, Fayston, VT. 05673
Other Ways to Help
• Leave a review and like us on Facebook
• Follow us on Instagram
• Help us spread the message by sending this campaign to family members and friends
For more information and to see examples of our work go to www.sculptureschoolvt.com
Thank you for your vision and generosity.
Founder & Director | Sculpture School
DonationsSee top donations
- Elizabeth Cadwell
- FREDY MERMA
- Amanda Kalichstein
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more