Scott has had COVID-19 since November 10th and has been hospitalized since November 18th. At the beginning of his hospitalization, he was on 100% oxygen in order to breathe. As the doctors began to ween him off the oxygen, things began to turn for the worse requiring them to increase his oxygen back up to 100%. Several days ago, he nearly had complete collapse, which would require ICU intubation. They are again in the process of weaning him off slowly, with his oxygen at around 65%.
Our friends need help with the financial stress that they will endure at the end of this. We do not know what the road ahead holds, as Scott will need to be moved into a Rehab facility following his release from the hospital (for which no date has been set), as well as physical therapy.
When Scott gets home, Kim will be a part time college student, full time worker, as well as beginning the job of full time caregiver, while she herself is still recovering from Bilateral Pulmonary Embolisms in September. Any amount would be helpful as they enter this new normal.
If you cannot give, please consider sharing this post, and please continue to keep Scott, Kim, and their family in your prayers.
- Ally Stouse
- Terry Sondermann
- Jennifer Carlton
- Emily Garrett
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more