Main fundraiser photo

Nova beat Parvo!! Thank you!!

See updates for Nova's battle here !

Gabe & I adopted Nova at a mere 9wks old from a no kill rescue the day after Thanksgiving 2015.
 She immediately stole our hearts and is the smartest, silliest, more adorable thing to ever happen to us. Even our cats love her, and they're a picky pair.

Unfortunately, Parvovirus is trying to take her away from us. We discovered it spread around her litter mates; two of them died, one  of them has survived (thus far) and one of them luckily didn't get it. We're thankful the rescue was able to warn us so we knew to look for signs. Thursday, December 9th, we took her to the vet in the morning after she began vomiting and had diarrhea, and she tested positive for Parvo. We paid to have her kept on an IV at the vet, and transferred her to a nearby animal hospital close to our home so we can visit her often.

She's proving to battle it well, and up until late today had no more vomiting or diarrhea. However, she is not close to coming home yet. We called tonight for an update, and she had an episode of diarrhea which luckily wasn't bloody, but had the 'parvo smell'. Although she is still eating and has been energetic, a decrease in her white blood cell count indicates she is still doing well, but needs to stay in hospital care.

Anyone who has had to admit their pet to a hospital knows how expensive it is. Our estimate is between $1,700 if she can be discharged after 3 days, and $3,000 if she needs to be kept for 5 days. She could possibly need care beyond that. Between the $1,200 deposit we left them, and the $450 we paid the vet to keep her on an IV until we could get her there, at least one of us is literally in the negative, and any money saved for tuition for spring semester is now in the hospital's hands. 

We're devastated and panicking that we won't be able to afford to keep her beyond the 3 day period (December 12th), and we've exhausted all other options. The doctor is optimistic in a recovery based on her blood work, apetite, and energy, IF we can keep her in hospital care until she's fully recovered. I've never felt alright with asking anyone for money, let alone strangers, but her survival means more to both of us than to not ask for help out of pride.

If you are a friend or relative and were considering getting us something for Christmas, please consider donating to Nova's recovery instead. We don't ask much out of anyone because we know how tight things are for everyone, plus it's the holidays. If you are a stranger compelled to help Nova recover, we cannot thank you enough and are grateful for literally ANYTHING donated! We promise loads of adorable puppy photos and videos when we can bring her home healthy!

Thank you to everyone who has supported Nova, Gabe and I at any point in any way during this time... even just kind words mean so much. Please keep her in your thoughts and watch for updates as we call, visit, and wait until we can bring our baby home.


  • Greg Gazdik
    • $50 
    • 8 yrs
  • Robert & Melanie Baker
    • $50 (Offline)
    • 8 yrs


Stephanie Baker
Catonsville, MD

Your easy, powerful, and trusted home for help

  • Easy

    Donate quickly and easily.

  • Powerful

    Send help right to the people and causes you care about.

  • Trusted

    Your donation is protected by the  GoFundMe Giving Guarantee.