Sarah Abo Hassan was abandoned at birth for merely being born blind. Her cruel father instantly condemned this kindhearted little girl to suffer a lifetime-banishment of the coldest soul-numbing-loneliness that any human could ever endure.
Growing-up in relative isolation, Little Blind-Sarah had to constantly struggle for the simplest of things because she lived within one of the most chauvinistic regions of the world, but Sarah never lost hope and refused to accept her bitter fate. Sarah was driven by her internal fortitude and an impassioned desire to live a normal life.
Eighteen years later, through Sarah’s personal determination, she was able to quantifiably prove to one of the most chauvinistic society in modern-times that, “Yes indeed, a blind young girl can in fact become the highest ranking student among an entire high-school”.
With the blessing of your personal donation, Sarah could accomplish her next personal-objective, to prove that “The once blind abandoned social outcast, who (by means of vital donations from ethical strangers) blossomed into the young blind lady who achieves the highest academic score amongst all the other (sighted) students throughout the nation of Jordan.
AAO’s Immediate Objective: Pending your (hopeful) generous donation, AAO would be able to secure four SMART Braillers that will be immediately put to incredibly positive use, helping impoverished blind overachievers like Sarah (who despite her inhumane isolation) passionately who is personally determined to dedicate her entire life helping as many blind children as possible to learn how to read and write braille in Arabic.
1-SMART Brailler $3,000
2- Brailliant B 80 (NEW generation) braille display $7,535.0
1- WHY THE SMART BRAILLER?
- Accelerates Learning: Encourages multi-sensory learning through visual, tactile and auditory feedback, increasing the student’s ability to process new information and making learning fun.
- Lightens the Load: Weighs 20 percent less than the classic Perkins Brailler, making it easy to transport between home and classroom.
- Integrates with Mainstream Technology: Edits, saves and transfers broiled documents to digital text files via USB, letting sighted teachers or parents read the document on a computer.
- Involves Non-Braille Users: Enables better collaboration between students and sighted teachers or parents using Roman letters on the display screen to mirror what is being broiled.
- Reliable Support: One year warranty and repair service training availability, ensuring that any problem with your product is resolved quickly.
2- WHY THE BRAILLE DISPLAY?
HumanWare's new Brailliant BI display is designed for extensive reading with the full comfort and intuitive display navigation of HumanWare's signature thumb keys. This new generation of Brailliant BI braille displays features the excellent, sharp and crisp braille cell technology that users have praised on the BrailleNote Apex.
Light, compact, portable, yet sturdy and durable, this new display ergonomically fits in front of your laptop or desktop keyboard, and can be used with your preferred mobile devices. Built with lightweight, long lasting aluminum housing, the Brailliant BI will stand up to daily wear and tear.
Precise and efficient, the new Brailliant BI features a responsive braille input keyboard* and command keys located on each side of the display. This simple layout facilitates navigation by reproducing all the standard key combinations*, and you can control the screen reader without removing your hands from the display.
Your gift matters now more than ever before. ~ Aya's Ark
- Waleed Nema
- A Y
- Sabra Bouchahma
- Nusirat okupe
Ayas Ark Inc
Donations are 100% tax deductible.