If you know my parents, you'll have heard their store went up in flames on August 10, 2017.
Over the years, some of the loyal clientele became incredibly great friends of theirs. One of them used to babysit my sister and I. One of them recently grew terminally ill and my mother became her caretaker until she passed a few months ago. One of them alerted them on the morning of August 10, 2017 that their business was on fire when the fire alarm failed to go off notifying anyone, including fire rescue.
Eventually, fire rescue was on scene and contained the fire that ravaged the Discount. No one was present at the time, thankfully, so there were no injuries. Fire rescue managed to avoid having it spread into any of the adjacent units in that shopping center; that was thanks to the timely notification of a customer of the Discount and a dear friend of my parents.
It is going to be a long, costly, and exhausting road to rebuild and replenish what was lost that day. It will be done because, life goes on, but it won't be easy.
My family is asking for any help you think you can spare. Every little bit counts as this was their sole source of income and we are not sure when business will be up and running again. They need help to live and to re-stock their inventory. What the fire didn't burn to a crisp either partially melted or is contaminated by the soot and fumes.
If you can lend a hand, we would be so grateful. If you can't, your positive energy and thoughts for their future moving forward are incredibly appreciated and welcome. We hope you can find it in your hearts to help if it is within your power. We wish you all the best.
With love, appreciation, and respect,
The Romero Family
- Chantelle Diaz
- Maria Lopez
- Jacquelyn Hernandez
- Patricia Florentino
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more