With your financial help, we have been able to send all of these promising young surfers to both Nicaraguan and international tournaments hosted by countries such as Costa Rica, Panama and El Salvador. (All donations are tax deductible(you will receive a letter with our non profit #)
Most of these young men between the ages of 17-22 years old live on a $200/month salary, less than a new surfboard or travel costs to a single tournament.
Our 2015 fundraising goal of $4,000 will not only equip these young men with uniforms and high-performance surfboards, but will cover their travel costs both nationally and internationally again this year.
We continue to see incredible improvements in their surfing style.
These young surfers are more confident and now compete more aggressively in the waves.
Several team riders placed on the podium at every tournament. Yuber Martinez is ranked 3rd in Nicaragua with Darwin Jacamo in 5th place.
The Santana Surf Team was also involved in several local activities.
Through their leadership example, they are now role models for the younger generation of surfers in the community.
1. Quarterly Surf Lessons for Fun Limón school-aged students who have high attendance records
2. Turtle Trot race to raise funds for turtle preservation
3. Surf Rider Beach Clean Up
4. The Ocean Conservancy International Costal Clean Up
5. First Aid class for CPR and Ocean based emergencies
6. Costa Rican Pro Tournament
Please support these young surfers to be community leaders both in and out of the water!
- Carolyn Pleasant
- Isabel Currey
- brian sodi
- Maren and Christopher Boothby
- Lauren Buerger