Ron and Jane Engle - Hurricane Dorian Relief

Ron and Jane survived the most serious storm ever recorded in the in the Bahamas.  To make it through over 30 hours of cat 5 wind and flooding storm surge is unimaginable for most of us.  The fact that their home made it through with repairable damage is something to be very thankful for, but the rest of their infrastructure, including docks and boats, did not survive.  As a result, they have been forced to close their sailing charter business for the foreseeable future.

We are Morgan and Jes (Ron and Jane's son and daughter-in-law in Ontario, Canada) and we started this campaign because we had so many friends and family members reaching out and asking us how they can help our parents.

At this stage, Ron and Jane would benefit most from monetary donations to help repair the damages to their home and rebuild their docks.

Please be aware:  our campaign is based in Canadian Dollars (as of Sept 18, $1 CAD = approximately $0.75 USD)

Hurricane Dorian was an extremely powerful, deadly, category 5 hurricane that made landfall Sunday, September 1st on Elbow Cay.  Dorian was the strongest hurricane to hit the Bahamas in modern history.  Fortunately, there was no loss of life on Elbow Cay, unlike many of the other islands that were also in Dorian's path.  It is estimated that 30% of the structures on the island were completely demolished, and the remaining 70% are damaged to severely damaged, including houses, restaurants, shops, and resorts.  Hundreds of residents have been evacuated, and the community members left on the island are in the process of cleaning, repairing and rebuilding.

Donations (0)

  • Mary Schweickert  
    • $50 
    • 5 d
  • drew conboy 
    • $100 
    • 1 mo
  • Anonymous 
    • $400 
    • 1 mo
  • Tom and Sofia Joyce 
    • $100 
    • 2 mos
  • Pam and Dick Simione 
    • $250 
    • 2 mos
See all

Fundraising team: Fundraising team (2)

Morgan And Jes Engle 
Organizer
Strathroy, ON
Jane Engle 
Team member
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more