Welcome to the Road to Damascus
GoFundMe page!Who are we?
We are Know Idea Productions
– We are an independent production company based in Minneapolis, Minnesota. You can learn all about Know Idea
and Road to Damascus
on Facebook or on our WEBPAGE
.What is Road to Damascus?
WATCH OUR NEW TRAILER HERE!
Road to Damascus is our passion project! - A Micro-Budgeted Ensemble Drama directed by Tony Perkins and Written by Maxwell Dayton Hammel! It is a love letter to the Twin Cities and our communities! But it is also a frank condemnation of the larger capitalist infrastructure and the economic pressures foisted upon our underserved communities.SUMMARY:
Drowning in debt, child support and bills all while white knuckling it through sobriety, Francis (Frank Red) is coming undone. When his roommate, Shelly (Becky Killerson), goes missing, Francis is thrown headlong into her private world and nightmarish past. Guided by Barry (Denzel Moore), a mid-level enforcer, secrets are exposed and tensions mount. Soon a search for Shelly devolves into striving for meaning in the face of oblivion.
This ensemble drama explores themes of capitalist greed and toxic masculinity within the context of a procedural drama in the tradition of classic film noir.Okay, looks great. Why do we need your help?
While we have completed principal photography and have recently completed our first rough cut there is still much to do!
Being a Micro-Budget feature film, we have a very limited staff currently working on the project. This has slowed our post-production process down tremendously.
To that end, your contributions will go to assisting us with the following-Editing [SECOND PHASE]
– While we have a rough cut there is still quite a bit of fine editing and color grading to be done. This process is extremely painstaking and time-consuming. Your contributions will help to ensure our editor remains sane while also being fairly compensated.Sound Editing & Mixing
– This is our biggest hurdle. While we have beautiful recordings of sound- There is still much to be done! With your help, we can ensure our Audio presentation is to the highest industry standard.Music
– We are working with several talented composers and musicians that deserve to be fairly compensated.Distribution
– Finally your contributions will allow us to ensure that our film doesn’t simply remain on our hard drives and instead can make its way out into the world-
* Festivals are great ways to get out there! – They are also very expensive!
Help us get the most out of our time at Festivals!
* Digital & Physical Distribution – We would love to distribute in any way possible! Your Contributions will help us to distribute the highest quality product possible.
With your help, we can make sure that those working on the film are fairly compensated for their efforts- often made out of genuine passion for the project while also working full-time jobs.
Your donations will also allow us to share our vision with the world!