1. Donate. The amount you contribute is up to you. Whether you can donate $100, $1000 or $10,000, your donation will help us toward our goal.
2. Share, Like, Tweet. You can help us raise a lot more money by sharing through your social media channels.
This major upgrade will improve the user experience, increase utility, and improve its data mining capability which is so important to law enforcement.
Proposed improvements include:
• More powerful reporting capabilities that, among other uses, can provide law enforcement with data they need quickly.
• Improvement to search functionality
• Automatic extraction of names of potential fraudsters for inclusion on PERG’s downloadable Watch List
• Clearer instructions and improved data entry process
• New feature to filter out alerts under a self-selected dollar amount
“All of us at PC&E are firm believers in RENTAL GUARD. We were targeted by a group that was literally travelling the globe committing fraud. We sent out a “New Customer Inquiry” on a suspicious customer and received an answer back from a rental house in England within the hour. Coupled with a Missing Equipment Report from a rental house in Vancouver, we were able to get law enforcement involved. RENTAL GUARD saved us several thousands of dollars and helped law enforcement build a case against the suspects. It’s an invaluable tool for any rental house.” - Mark Wofford, General Manager PC&E Atlanta
“RENTAL GUARD is great for detectives in the field. You can easily check if the production equipment is stolen right from your cellular phone.” - Detective Martin Pastor, New York City Police Department, Major Case Squad
RENTAL GUARD collects and disseminates information about how thefts occur in real time, which offers hundreds of users, around the globe, the opportunity to incorporate it into staff training, procedures and security. It has increased the ability of law enforcement to take action. It has brought stakeholders together.
The Digest of Fraud and Theft Prevention Measures leverages our industry’s collective knowledge to provide a new resource for rental houses. Informed by real-world, industry-specific incidents collected by RENTAL GUARD from 182 thefts since 2014, ESTA developed the Digest with input from rental houses, law enforcement, insurance underwriters and brokers, and security experts. The document describes procedures and security measures that have been found effective. It is intended to help rental houses consider potential security weaknesses, train rental house staff, and respond in the event equipment is stolen.
"As good a document as has ever been put together on the subject." - Joe Fitzgerald, President, OneBeacon Entertainment
Topics covered include:
• Tips and techniques for assessment of new customers
• Verification of the rental application, insurance and payment method
• The “Slow Down” strategy
• Red flags
• Insurance exemptions to watch for
• A layered physical security strategy
• Alarms, camera systems, and notifications
• Protection against theft during transport
• What to do after a theft occurs
• How to help ensure that law enforcement will take action
• User manual for RENTAL GUARD
You’ll receive the 2017 Digest as our gift with any donation of $100 to support RENTAL GUARD v2.0.
Donors of $1,000 or more will have their name listed on the RENTAL GUARD homepage.
"This is a truly relevant and comprehensive document
for PERG members and industry professionals." - Debby Miller, President Midtown Video
The ESTA Production Equipment Rental Group (PERG) is the special interest group within ESTA that developed RENTAL GUARD. PERG's members are primarily professional rental companies that supply cameras, grip and lighting equipment to support productions in the motion picture, television and commercial production markets.
PERG’s mission is to shine a light on the challenges and opportunities faced by professional rental companies. It focuses the collective expertise of its members to shape solutions that best serve us all. PERG strives to be the voice of the motion picture equipment rental industry and set a standard of operations and ethical behavior.
We invite all professional rental houses to join our organization and enjoy the benefits of membership—events, initiatives, networking opportunities and programs. Your membership is crucial to supporting efforts like RENTAL GUARD. Click HERE to view our membership categories or download the membership application.
- Richard Gunn
- Flint Ellsworth
- High Output
- ALPS/ Advanced Lighting
- Dana Taylor
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more