From that point Jeremy endured a 12 day stay at the Royal Cornwall Hospital in Truro, England where he underwent a multitude of tests, scans, and surgery to clean infection from his abdomen.
During this time Jeremy & Kaci had to make the hard decision to cancel the remaining concerts across the UK & Europe.
This was the begining of a "perfect storm" for th Neely family. They immediately lost five weeks of income and began incurring medical fees as well as costs associated with trying to keep the family as close to Jeremy as possible.
The breakdown of our knownestimated costs:
- Royal Cornwall Hospital (estimate, bill pending): $4,642.12
- HOT Clinic at Morriston Hospital, Swansea (out of pocket): $750.57 (initial visit $328.71 + 421.86 for two follow up visits & blood work)
Urgency: Because we have lost 5 weeks of income from concerts & merchandise sales and have been hit with unforseen living expenses as well as the $750.57 of immediate out of pocket from the HOT Clinic (we were require to pay this before Jeremy could see the Doctor), we are in dire financial need.
Future HOT Clinic visitsneeds:
- Roughly $200 per return visit.
- Must pay upfront to see Doctor
- Jeremy still has drainage tube in abdomen and needs to see the Doctor.
- Infection still present in abdomen and future visits & medications needed.
How these funds will help the Neely family:
These funds will help us get Jeremy the immediate medical care that he needs so we can hopefully return to the United States on September 12th.
Our family has been extremely blessed by Redruth Baptist who provided a house for Kaci and the girls to stay in only 10 minutes from the hospital in Truro, as well as by Pillar Community Church (Calvary Chapel Swansea) as they have provided lodging, food, and even a vehicle while Jeremy recovers here in Swansea.
Unseen losses & costs:
Because all our concerts are by donation only and merchandise sales fluctuate we did not add the loss of tour into the goal.
Here are a few items we did not add into the overall goal:
- $457 non refundable train tickets
- $374.32 non refundable hotel rooms
- *estimate based on last year* $3,000 of donations & merchandise sales across five weeks of a dense concert schedule. While it looks like a big number this covers our operatingliving expenses while on tour and hopefully covers our mortgageutilities at home for the two months we are gone.
To lay this before y'all is extremely difficult and humbling. While all these events have left us stranded in a country that is not our own facing some very real health and financial issues we know that God is good and we trust that He will move through all of this.
Thank you in advance for prayerfully considering helping our family!
Jeremy, Kaci, Aubrey, Emma, & Ella
- Esther Diamond
- Chris Ward
- Rich Bontrager
- Michael Averweg
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more