On December 25th, 2020 he wasn't looking good and not acting himself and I went to grab him and he yelped out in pain and when i tried to walk him outside he was walking extremely slow and wouldn't really walk. I took him that late afternoon to an emergency vet and they said he has inflammation in his spine but would need an MRI and I couldn't afford that.
So two days later went to his vet and was able to get at least x-rays for a discounted cost and pain medication. The next day the vet called stating that he has two ruptured disc in two different places in his spine (T13, L1, L4 and L5). They stated he would need surgery and if left untreated worse case scenario he can become paralyzed in his hind legs.
I was devastated to find out this news. They advised me to go and get a consult from a neurologist of course more money and more meds, but we do what we have to and to the extent that we can before having to make a drastic decision.
Seeing him in pain, unable to walk properly on his hind legs has been devastating. While on meds he has been better but once off it starts over again.
I made the appointment for a consult with a neurologist in Jersey as in NY cost more money for one. He advised how well behaved and such a good dog he is. His blood work are all normal but as healthy as he is what he does have is serious.
He stated I would need an MRI so that they can thoroughly see what is going on and how bad it is but cannot tell again due to them needing an MRI. Of course ask how much for an MRI and with everything the total for it to be done with anethiesia and all needed the total is $4800.00 and for the surgery it is another $5000, total being 9800.00 he can make a full recovery if I am able to get all of this taken care of... God willing.
I know times are extremely hard for everyone and it did take alot of thinking and courage for me to even put this up but at this point it is my only option and it has been hurting my heart in ways unimaginable to know I dont have it, on my own to pay for it.
He is still young and has so much life to him.
I'm asking if you can donate whatever it is you are able to spare to help me, help him.
I don't want to have to make the decision of putting him down. With meds he is resting all day, everyday which is what the Doctor recommended, but keeping him on medication can lead to other issues such as kidney failure and other issues.
December 25th I paid 255.00 emergency visit
January 4th I paid $364 more meds and X-rays
January 11th I paid $345 for a consult plus another medication.
I do not qualify for care credit, trust me I tried.
If you can please find it in your heart ❤ as I stated I know times are hard right now but every little bit counts.
***what ever donations not used will be divided to anyone that donated back to them.
Thank you all in advance from the bottom.of my heart ❤
- Karina Caamano
- Lydia Rodriguez
- Marlena Mangano
- Valerie Castillo
- Max Guadalupe
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more