Recovery From Apartment Fire

Recovery From Apartment Fire: Carlos's Journey to Healing


On August 15th, early morning Tuesday, a deadly fire erupted in an apartment complex in Overland Park, KS. Carlos was located on the second floor and he was trapped inside his apartment. Suffering from smoke inhalation and sheer panic, Carlos broke his second floor window with his bare hands and dived out to safety to escape the fire. Once emergency help arrived, Carlos was taken to the emergency room with several lacerations to his body, smoke inhalation injury, and damage to his eyes. After two hours of battling the blaze, firefighters called his apartment a total loss. Carlos lost everything in the tragic fire and is unable to work until his recovery is complete. 

Most of Carlos's family lives in Mexico and they are unable to support him during this difficult time. Any amount you can help and support him in his journey to healing and rebuilding from this tragic incident is greatly appreciated.

God Bless,

Donations

  • Ethan Owens 
    • $25 
    • 41 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $50 
    • 42 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $50 
    • 42 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $2,500 
    • 42 mos
  • Avrey Vail 
    • $25 
    • 42 mos
See all

Organizer and beneficiary

Amanda Crawford 
Organizer
Overland Park, KS
Carlos Valdez 
Beneficiary
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more