Mike Edman Family Garage Fire

On October 26th of 2017, my Uncle, Mike Edman, and his family Sherry and Stephanie experienced a garage fire in their home in Bloomington, MN.

My uncle and aunt were both able to get out of the house along with their pets. But my cousin Stephanie was not able to get out of the house due to all the smoke in their home. She ended up jumping out of a bedroom window on the second story. She, unfortunately, broke both her legs when she jumped out.  She has gone through several surgeries on her legs and is waiting for more. 

The medical bills are stacking up along with the expenses of cleaning the garage and airing out the home due to all the smoke damage.  They have been staying in a hotel until the home is able to be lived in again.

The 2 cars in the garage both had insurance on them. And thank goodness Stephaine's car was outside. But due to other medical bills, their homeowner's insurance had lapsed.

Any monetary amount would be greatly appreciated.  
Thank you so much for your help. 




Donations

  • Anonymous 
    • $500 
    • 44 mos
  • Pam Doughton 
    • $30 
    • 45 mos
  • joe and marilyn zakrzewski 
    • $25 
    • 45 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $500 
    • 45 mos
  • Paula & Roy Hosek 
    • $500 
    • 45 mos
See all

Organizer and beneficiary

Andrea Mikla 
Organizer
Milaca, MN
Michael (Mike) Edman 
Beneficiary
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more