Michael had been living upstate working at a gourmet Italian food establishment for well over a decade. Due to unforseen circumstances the establishment abruptly closed and he was put out of work. He hit the bricks, and shortly after, found work wherever he could. Following a lead for a job back on Long Island, he went to numerous interviews and trial runs to get this dream chef's job. In October of 2016, and with great exuberence from Michael and his new employer, he uprooted himself, found a place to live, packed his things, and moved to Long Island to start his new job. Due to the business owners family infighting at the new food establishment, his employment was terminated seemingly as quickly as it had started. He searched desperately for work only to be turned away mostly because of his age. After being out of work for months, exhausting his meager savings, and living on Credit Card Debt, he finally found the perfect job for his skills. Low Pay, Long Hours, but with the Hope of Joining a Union, and higher wages down the road he took the job. Living Paycheck to Paycheck he has now been hit with Unforseen Health Issues...
Michael was in Hospital just before the 4th of July. He was having chest pains and thought it was another heart attack... It was not! However he had a Highly Elevated White Blood Cell Count. Infection? Right? The doctors at our lovely local hospital could find nothing after days of testing. He was released July 6th and told to see a Primary Care Physician. Since his move back to Long Island he had not yet needed a doctor and didn't... have one. He came to my house the morning after being released from our local hospital, (and their first rate doctors), with laboured breathing and problems speaking. He Requested my Help. We both have the same Questionable Insurance, (Don't get me started!), and after trying on line and making several phone calls, we finally found him a highly rated doctor in the area that would accept his insurance, and see him immediately. After examining him for 10 minutes, she sent him for a CT Scan early this morning, and had the test results sent directly back to her. Before he even left Zwanger, she called back after reviewing his scan and sent him directly to an NSLIJ Hospital for EMERGENCY SURGERY! The Surgery IS NOT Life Threatening, but needed to be dealt with immediately. As I am writing this he is in surgery.
Here's "THE RUB!"
The doctors say he will be OUT of WORK for 4 to 5 weeks.
He now has:
and Hospital Bills to deal with.
His Rent is Due,
His Car Insurance is Due,
and his Car is in Need of Repairs.
On top of all this, it is Unclear If His Job Will Even Be Waiting for him when he is able to return.
I am requesting to all who read this to please Help Michael in his time of need. Please Help Him Stabilize his Life and get back on a solid footing. Let's all Pray for Him, but in Lieu of "A Miracle" Please Give what you can. No amount is too small, Give anonymously if you wish, but please give. Our friend is in need.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR PRAYERS AND DONATIONS.
- Greg McKee
- Joy Paris
- Stefanie Norris
- Regina McGovern
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more