On February 6 , 2017, Melanie (Dreyer)Kenyor was trapped in her burning duplex house. Her only escape was to go down stairs but the stairs had collapsed from the fire. Melanie began to inhale the smoke from the raging fire and eventually had passed out from carbon monoxide poising of her lungs as they filled with gas and smoke. The firefighters arrived to the duplex fully engulfed as you can see in the pictures. The only way they could get to her was through a second story window. They bravely entered that window and realized she was non responsive as they found her. The firfighters pulled her out the window and got her to the ground where she was imediatly taken by ambulance to Mankato Mayo Center.
The emergancy medical professionals decided that Melanie's condition was so life threatening and critical that they airlifted her instantaeously to the Intensive Care Unit at Hennipen Country Medical Center (HCMC) in Minnepolis,MN. She has been sedated and put on a breathing ventilator. She has had sever lung trama and her lungs cannot breath on her own. She has not been able to talk since she has been in the ICU. They have not taken out the tubes from her mouth and have not fully taken her off the sedation medicine.
This gofundme.com account is raising funds for Melanie's exspenses that she will endure because of this horrific event.
She has lost EVERYTHING.
SHe has lost all of her clothing, personal belogings, pictures, glasses and special orthopedic shoes that were crafted for her foot that had amputated toes and her dog and three cats.
Think of what you have all around you?
Now think of having NOTHING, not even the clothes on your back.
Think of how you could help Melanie out even by just skipping that drink or candy bar for a few days and donating that little amount to her.