My sister Mari Castro’s youngest baby accidentally swallowed a battery. She was flown to Spokane, WA for emergency surgery! In surgery they were able to remove the battery from her esophagus, however there was damage to the esophagus from where the battery carodid. We do not know the extent of the damage. After surgery there was swelling, so as of now they are putting in a breathing tube and keeping her under until swelling goes down and they are able to establish how much damage and wether or not she will need another surgery to repair damage. Again please do not contact Mari Castro. She is taking this time to attend to her daughter. I will continue to update as we know more. Thank you all for the prayers and please keep them coming!! Our family is grateful to you all!!
For those that now my family now that my sister is a single parent, so our family is asking for help for food, lodging, transportation, medical, etc. Thank you all in advance!
- Vickie Galaviz Garza
- Georgia Sea Hawkers
- Blanca Edalia Ramos
- Esperanza Alvarez - Castro