I did not want to do this at all. I know how I feel about these fund me campaigns but you do what you have to do for your child.
As many of you know, March 7th 2016, Makayla came forward about being sexually abused by her father, former Portland firefighter, David Wilber. It had been going on for years and she finally broke her silence. He has since been sentenced to 12 years in TDOC custody. Although the sentencing came as some relief it has not healed all the wounds left behind by this, We have done counseling for a year, anti anxiety meds, church, anything to bring her back, as she was diagnosed with PTSD and severe social anxeity.
This past Thursday, we found out Makayla tried to take her own life. As you can imagine, we were terrified. We raced her to Vanderbilt Medicial Center where she was evaluated by the their psychiatry dept. They determined that she needed to be in an inpatiet facility but that were no beds so to expedite her, the suggested a partial impatient treatment. The hospital set it all up and we were scheduled for check in tomorrow morning at 8:00. My baby girl was gonna get the help she desperately needed. At 11:15am today, I get a call. Her insurance denied her claim and will not be paying for her to start the program and that we could pay out of pocket $14,000 with $2500 deposit. OR they could transfer us to another facility, God knows where, and it would be $7000. 00 out of pocket, They literally just put a price tag on my daughters life. Either way, the world just stopped for us. After having a break down in my car, which I may need a new steering wheel now, I decided " NO Devil, not today!" So here I am, doing whatever I have to. The 2500.00 will get her in the door and then we will have to work out the other $12,000 but we dont care. We will sell everything we own to make this happen. We have 16 hours until check in. 16 hours to have the deposit in hand. 16 hours to save her life. Im leaving it in Gods hands now.
This is a stretch, to get this done in 16 hours but if you cant believe in miracles, what hope do any of us have.
If you cant help at all, please please share this.
ALSO IF I DONT RAISE THE MONEY TO GET HER IN BY TOMORROW MORNING, ILL MAKE SURE YOU ALL GET BACK WHAT YOU GAVE. Im only asking for $3K bc gofundme.org gets 5% and i have to walk in tomorrow with a $2500 check to do this.