- Walk as long and as far as I want without getting tired. In sockets for a bilateral amputee, it takes 80% of your energy to walk.
- It's permanent
- It engages your muscles just like having normal legs, my muscles waste away in sockets.
- I can wear skinny jeans without having the bulk of a socket around my knee
- I can feel the different textures as I walk, grass, concrete etc
- I can exercise 6 days a week
- I can work full time
- I manage my daughter's hockey team - couldn't stand long enough before in sockets
- I live life to the fullest, grateful for being alive and able to enjoy my new normal
- Lisa Keremelevski
- Anais Campbell
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more