Steve was diagnosed with stage IV Pancreatic Cancer on the 11th of January this year, but in true Stevie D style, double it and add 10% he did it in a big way, it already showed metastasis (it spread) to his liver. On the same day of diagnosis he had a massive heart attack, which bought him a plane trip to the Royal Mebourne Hospital on the 12th and an angiogram & 2 stents in the heart on the 13th. He had a 99% blockage on one side & 50% on the other. After the angiogram Steve was left in his bed for the day receovering from the procedure, the local Oncologist came to visit him in this state, and told him quite bluntly (with no family present) that the Cancer he had was incurable, and without treatment he had anywhere from 2 months to 8 months to live, he went on to say that he should cash in on his super, and go for a holiday "while youre still well" .. . Then as quickly as he delivered this horrific news he was gone. Steve was able to walk around freely, after they removed the catheter that night, but two days later, Steves knee and ankle had blown up and the Doctors at the Royal Melbourne hospital suspected gout, he suggested he may aspirate his knee to get a definitive diagnosis, but all they did was x-ray it and tell us it was clear. They preferomed a CT of his chest and an Echocardiogram of his heart. When the Doctor came around to deliver the results she explained that due to his massive heart attack, Steve would be unable to undergo a biopsy of his cancer for at least 4 weeks as he was now on some serious blood thinngers, she also told us that the results of CT Scan showed more metasis in his lungs, but on a good note, there was no serious damage done to his heart. Steve was discharged in a wheele chair & a high temperature that Friday 16th January. Steve spent the next two days at home in Tocumwal, his knee and ankle continued to swell up, and his temperatures continued to saw, he was dilerious, and kept waking up not knowing where he was, on Monday, we decided to see our local GP, he suspected a clot in his leg, and admitted him into our local hospital in Finley, he treated him with some steroids, and clexane injections, Steve managed to bare little weight on his knee, and could make it to the shower assisted. Dr Alam, at Finley explained he could only treat him modestly as we had an appointment with the Oncologist on Friday the 23rd, and he suspected Dr. Eek would want to do a pet scan, and if he gave him too much Predisilon (Steroids), it would mask some cancers if present. We brought steve back home on Thursday, so we could be up bright and early Friday morning, in hope that we could start Chemo. We seen Dr Eek that morning, and he was absolutely horrified about the state Steve was in, and told us he was expecting a strong, fit & healthy man. He explained that Steve would not score high enough to start treatment, and sent us down to the Albury base hospital for an urgent doppler & also wanted an MRI, but had to settle for a bone scan due to the stents they had put in only a week earlier. Dr Eek, had also put us in touch with the Pallative Care team, who called me while sitting in radiology, she sent the resident Oncologist down to assess Steve, and he very abruptly took us to the Emergency Department. Doctors in the ED, suspected Sepsis in his knee, they took loads of blood, then without a local anesthetic aspirated his knee, results conclued he had sepsis in his knee, and a massive DVT in his leg, the ED doctors explained the seriousness of sepsis, and explained that his knee would have to be washed out, and that he would have to remain in hospital and IV antibiotics for the next 2-4 weeks, depending on the culture of his bloods. . . Steve was whisked up to the surgical ward where they put him on IV antibiotics for the night, and washed out his knee, the following day (saturday), he remained on IV antibiotics for the next 2 days despite the seriousness of Steves condition, The Albury Base hospital wanted to discharge him Monday. I had to fight with the doctors to keep him another night, he was discharged Tuesday without ANY antibiotics, and an array or medications he wasnt allowed to have (due to his liver), wrong dosages of others, and without other crucial medication. Thankfully though he was up, walking and reasonably comfortable. Steve has been home since Tuesday the 27th, only once he had a temp, we quickly got him to the doctors, and on antibotics, which kicked what ever that infection was in the arse. We visited Dr Eek on the 5th of February, and were given more terrible news, his blood work showed, that the Cancer is extremely aggressive and is already taking over his liver. He only just makes the score, to start Chemo Tuesday the 10th February, we were told if he chooses to do Chemo, he only has a 15% chance of it only "prolonging" his life by maybe 4 months, but a whopping 75% of doing more harm than good. Despite all these major setbacks we are fighting this, we are remaining positive And believe we can be that 3% that beat this. Steve is still deciding whether or not to persue the Chemo. Please send all your love and positive vibes Steves way. . . Steves family is only a sole income family, there is no money coming in, as he is far too unfit to work. Unfortunatly life does not stop for anyone, the bills continue to pile up, and the medication alone he is taking in almost $200 a week. Any donation is Welcome. Thankyou fo taking the time to read Steves story.