We have raised the goal $2000 to fund a video to be filmed at the end of the journey. Thank you all again for your support!
Let's Talk sets out to highlight the value of face-to-face conversation to the American people, one step at a time. On August 8th of 2016, I will begin a trek across the United States on foot to engage and inspire people I meet along the 3200 mile journey. On the road, I will strive to spark a national conversation about conversation.
While I acknowledge the benefits of social media and instant communication, I believe it is essential to maintain our ability to effectively interact face-to-face. In dialog with others, we learn to better understand each other and grow as a community.
Let's Talk needs YOU to make this possible. A donation to "Let's Talk" will help bring this project to life and celebrate the power of face-to-face interactions. I hope to fundraise for equipment and camping reservations so that I can survive for nine months on the road. Below are some of the main costs that I will need to cover to complete the Let's Talk project:
- Camping reservation costs + Emergency Lodging ($2500)
- Food and Water for 9 months($2000)
- Flights to VA in August and from CA in March 2017 ($1000)
- Running Shoes
- Without a support vehicle I will be pushing a Burley Cub Push Cart to hold all of my equipment ($700)
- A three season, freestanding tent ($350)
- Sleeping Bag ($200)
- Water Filtration System ($100)
- Reflectors and signs for cart ($100)
I truly appreciate any help. Let's get America talking again.