Due to the litigious nature of Melissa Bacelar and her ruthless team of attorneys, paid FOR with your donations intended to save dogs' lives - I DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH MORE I CAN KEEP THIS FIGHT UP.
I am not a 501 c3, and contributions are not tax deductible.
The website's only goal is to inform the public.
Filing a Motion to Quash the Subpeona for my website business records filed by Melissa Bacelar has cost upwards of $25,000. The insanity of legal tactics is intended to scare and put me at financial risk. Thankfully the Judge was furious with Melissa's lawyers for lying to the court and was sanctioned $10,000. Ms. Bacelar intended to file a defamation lawsuit against the website. ALL website content is public information and taken from government-run websites.
Melissa Bacelar refuses to back down, is willing to PURGER herself shamelessly, and threatens to make life worse financially and legally if we do not cave to her demands. She has an extensive pattern of this kind of behavior.
TWO OTHER LAWSUITS AGAINST MELISSA BACELAR ARE PENDING:
1. EMPLOYMENT CASE: Includes neglect to provide an unsafe environment for both animals and employees and embezzlement of charitable funds for personal use.
2. CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT: This case involves multiple dead puppies and the threats Bacelar used to silent adopters who spoke out against her.
MELISSA BACELAR HAS ENDLESS DONATION MONEY TO USE FOR LEGAL EXPENSES. IS THIS HOW YOU INTENDED YOUR DONATION DOLLARS TO BE USED?
This Fundraiser is to help cover the legal cost associated with the website https://www.dogrescuescam.com - This website is a vital tool for educating the public about the allegations surrounding Melissa Bacelar, founder of Wegmor Pets and her unethical business practices and misrepresentation of rescue dogs. Unfortunately, Ms. Bacelar has an established pattern of behavior, silencing those who speak out against her through legal action, threats, and harassment. Currently, the website is filing motions to quash three subpoenas filed by Ms. Bacelar's attorneys to identify the website owners. As a result, maintaining the website has become very costly.
In the event that the judge presiding over the legal motions orders Ms. Bacelar to reimburse the cost of legal expenses incurred by the website, then all donations raised through GoFundMe will be given to International Fund for Animal Welfare - Updates will be posted to this page.
Code of Civil Procedure – Section 425.16 California’s Anti-SLAPP Law
- “act in furtherance of a person’s right of petition or free speech under the United States or California Constitution in connection with a public issue.”
- (a) The Legislature finds and declares that there has been a disturbing increase in lawsuits brought primarily to chill the valid exercise of the constitutional rights of freedom of speech and petition for the redress of grievances. The Legislature finds and declares that it is in the public interest to encourage continued participation in matters of public significance and that this participation should not be chilled through abuse of the judicial process. To this end, this section shall be construed broadly.
Celebrities promoting BACELAR, THE WAGMOR, and WAGMOR PETS NON-PROFIT, distract from and mask the dark underbelly of BACELAR’s operations:
a. dogs are being purchased and passed off as “rescues,” and dogs are not being seen by a licensed veterinarian prior to sale;
b. dogs are being medically treated by an unlicensed individual in her home in lieu of proper veterinary care;
c. puppies exposed to parvovirus and distemper are going home with unsuspecting new owners and immediately being diagnosed with canine parvovirus;
d. puppies are dying, and BACELAR is placing blame on the adopters;
e. BACELAR is laundering money meant for WAGMOR PETS NON-PROFIT to her for-profit business, THE WAGMOR, and living lavishly;
f. desperate owners who are seeking help from BACELAR to treat their ill and dying dogs are being forced to execute non-disclosure agreements in order to receive assistance;
Whether to skirt retail sales ban laws, or simply to take advantage of people’s good intentions to adopt, some in the industry are trying a new tactic called “puppy laundering”: funneling puppy mill-bred puppies through phony nonprofit organizations so they can be falsely marketed to the public as “adoptable” or “rescues.” These puppies may wind up “for adoption” at pet stores, on websites or directly through these fake nonprofits. Fraudulent puppy sellers charge exorbitant “adoption fees”—sometimes thousands of dollars—and pocket the profits.
Allegations against Ms. Melissa Bacelar include but are not limitied to:
- Uses Dog Rescue and Charitable Organization to Embezzle Funds
- Neglects to Provide Adequate Medical Care to Puppies Before Adoption
- Buys puppies from breeders and Craigslist and calls themselves "a rescue." Adoption fees are between $650-$2000.
- Ms. Bacelar Engages in False, Misleading, Deceptive and Fraudulent Representations to Avoid Liability and Place Blame on the Customers
- Ms. Bacelar Received $77,770 in PPP Loans during Covid while bringing in over $130,000 each month.
- Uses Dog Rescue and Charitable Organization to Embezzle Funds
- Buys From Backyard Breeders & Puppy Mills
- SENDS OLDER LESS ADOPTABLE DOGS TO SHELTERS & OTHER RESCUES
- REPORTS ADOPTERS WHO SPEAK OUT AGAINST WAGMOR TO ANIMAL CONTROL
- MISAPPROPRIATION OF DONATIONS
- DESPERATE OWNERS SEEKING HELP TO TREAT DYING DOGS FORCED TO EXECUTE NON-DISCLOSURE AGREEMENTS
- MISREPRESENTS RESCUE DOG'S STORY FOR INCREASED DONATIONS
- WAGMOR'S CHARITABLE STATUS IS DELINQUENT
- ADOPTION FEES HIGHER THAN ALLOWED BY STATE LAW
- Uses emotionally-charged sob stories of struggling rescues, animals needing urgent veterinary care, and claiming they cannot accept any form of support but money due to a number of circumstances.
The rescuers call many breeders heartless operators of inhumane 'puppy mills' and work to ban the sale of their dogs in brick-and-mortar pet stores. The breeders call 'retail rescuers' hypocritical dilettantes who hide behind nonprofit status while doing business as unregulated, pet "rescue" store, which leads to some breeders increasing the number of puppies are being bred for sale to rescuers.
What is the difference between adopting a dog, adopting a cat, adopting a kitten or adopting a puppy versus getting dogs for sale, cats for sale, puppies for sale or kittens for sale from a dog breeder or a cat breeder?
When someone is breeding puppies or breeding kittens, they are creating new dogs and cats who need homes. Some people are interested in a very specific breed of dog, cat, puppy or kitten and they think the only way to find that specific breed is to buy a dog for sale or buy a cat for sale from a puppy breeder or a kitten breeder. Yet animal shelters are filled with dogs and cats who must find homes.
Melissa Bacelar perpetuates the homeless dog problem in Los Angeles. Buying dogs from backyard breeders/puppy mills incentivizes these terrible breeders to keep breeding. ECONOMICS 101: SIMPLE SUPPLY & DEMAND
Does Wagmor save dogs? The short answer is yes. It is similar to money laundering; mix dirty money with clean money. The same process is used at Wagmor. They mix legitimate dogs that require rescue with paid-for puppies.
CONSIDER THE IMPLICATIONS FOR HOMELESS PETS AS A DIRECT CONSEQUENCE OF UNETHICAL RESCUE PRACTICES. MILLIONS OF PETS ARE EUTHANIZED EVERY YEAR!
ADOPT ANIMALS FROM A LEGITIMATE RESCUE OR, BETTER YET, DIRECTLY FROM AN ANIMAL SHELTER Animals in the Los Angeles Animal Shelter System are most at risk of being euthanized. Please see the Rescue Resources page on DogRescueScam.com for helpful information.
Animal Welfare Investigations
Los Angeles, CA