In the late evening of April 9th my brother Kyle and his partner Kira awoke from their sleep with their home engulfed by flames. Thankfully they both were able to escape the wreckage with only minor injuries but they have quite literally lost every possession they owned. Their bed, computers, furniture, clothes, instruments, kitchen supplies, EVERYTHING - has now all be turned to ash. They had only moved into this home recently and did not yet have renters insurance. To make matters worse - Kira and Kyle are expecting their first child at the end of May.
Every baby item they had made or purchased was destroyed in the fire. Everything from hand made baby blankets to the car seat to mama-recorded baby lullabies to the bassinet has been destroyed. Kira had spent countless hours pouring her heart into hand making just about everything for the new addition to their family and now everything has been taken away.
Kyle and Kira have to rebuild their lives, six weeks shy of welcoming their baby boy into their family. We all know rebuilding takes community, it takes support; and it takes love.
Please help Kyle and Kira to quickly get back on there feet. Any donation would be hugely appreciated.
Thank you so much to everyone for your generosity and words of love and support.
To see the damage and read the news article - click the link below.
- George M Marko
- Brenton Raby
- Sheila Minten
- leo lane
- George and Sharon Oldaker
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more