We did a PET scan and it shows that I am a good candidate for radiation of a tumor on my spine and the one in my lung. They gave me the option of staying here for 3 weeks and doing the radiation. I can not stay away from my kids that long. So, I'll be coordinating that with Starkville. 5 days a week, for 3 weeks. Then we will move to the brain. I don't know if it's there because I didn't know I was so closterphobic and couldn't go through with the MRI. We will be looking for some place near to do a sedated MRI. They need to know if it has spread to my brain.
I asked about prognosis. That is is normally 1 - 2 years. However, there is NO body like me in the control group. The youngest person in the control groups is 66. My youth and my health are on my side. Praise God! It's almost been a year since my diagnosis and I'm doing good. He's looking for a study for me to enter possibly.
God only knows the time I'm given. That's always the way it's been for each of us.
Starkville has been great. However, they do not have the experts and technology that MD Anderson has. So, I've decided to do a "hybrid" method where I do my treatment here and then go back to them for scans and recommendations for the Dr's here. That is going to cost some money.
This first trip (plane tickets, hotel, food) cost over $3000. I know the next time I go it will not be a week, more like 2 or 3 days. I know the first trip is at the end of July. Ryan and I would like to drive (not fly). We will need to rent a car.
I know all of your prayers are with me and the family. I love and appreciate you. If you are able, please consider giving to keep me alive as long as I can, for these two.
- Natasha Williams
- Paula Wells
- Rita Peterson
- Randall Stinson
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more